New Line 6 M13?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by auraelux, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auraelux

auraelux Member

2. ed_dale007

ed_dale007 Member

I gave up on line 6 after my DL-4 crapped out countless times and my warranty ran up. They wanted 200 bucks to fix it. I could buy a new one for a little more....

3. Fairfield

Fairfield Member

I have heard that happens a lot!!! For the time being I am in love with mine.

I don't know about the M13, Line-6 makes a good looper. It reminds me of the Boss GT-10 which I have heard is not too bad.

4. Craise

Craise Member

I want to see a photo of one of these next to some other pedals...still not sure on the size... are there any of it next to a Dl4 Modler or smaller line 6 pedals?

5. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

6. Mincer

Mincer Member

one of the things that isn't explained in the manual is if there is exp pedal control over the looper's volume...if there is, i'm in.

7. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

You can do that.

8. Craise

Craise Member

woah! Thanks! That's bigger than I had hoped...
    it's pretty much a pedalboard itself, I guess that's what they were going for... (about the size of 10 mxr sized pedals...by the look of it.)
    Guess I'll still hold my breath on a updated DL-4!!!! It's only been out for 10 years...Helloooo line 6!!!!
    :AOK

9. aberrant

aberrant Member

I think they're just trying to make their Modelers look smaller....

*there's a horrible joke about pedophiles (related to this) going through my head*

10. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

Yes, it's about the size of a small pedalboard. Having had sometime with it I can't imagine it working well smaller. The switch spacing is just right. You could hit two at once if you needed to but they are far enough away to avoid that happening by accident as well. You can definitely get delay crazy if you want...running 2 stereo delays is pretty fun. The ability to still run effects before or after the looper opens a whole can of worms. Will be fun to see what the looper guys do with it once it's out.

11. auraelux

auraelux Member

woah how'd you get it. Isn't it not in stores yet?

12. Mincer

Mincer Member

what is the exact dimensions of this thing? I wanna know if any existing cases I have will work with it. I am happy you get exp pedal control over the looper...the L6 forum guys didn't know if that would be present in the initial firmware.

13. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

I am really interested in this.

I play in a variety of venues (church auditorium, church gym, intimate club-type setting, outdoors, etc.) with a variety of tones to cover. My current pedal board gets me most of the way there with the oft discussed P&W tone. As with a lot of church gigs, rehearsal time, sound check, and general set up time are inconsistent.

I would love to be able to make presets so the same songs or group of songs have the same sound. I don't know if this will get me all the way to great tone, but close maybe. A guitarist I often play with uses a Pod XT Live in front of his SFTR and gets amazing tones (and can cover a lot of tonal territory).

I would prefer ease of use and 95% of the tone I want over lugging around different boards, amps, etc. No cork-sniffing here.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  14. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Yo Swampy, that one looks just like mine... ;)

15. SillyBilly5325

SillyBilly5325 Guest

Hey,

What is that extra switch at the top of the DL-4?

16. ned911

ned911 Member

Probably the mod to allow 2x the memory locations.

17. Andre357

Andre357 Member

swampthing ( loved the alan moore years of that comic by the way ! )

any word on an improved or updated DL4 ??

This seems to be the golden age of delays - if Line 6 could update the Dl4 and add functionality..........you guys would sells bucket loads of them..dont you think ?

Even just releasing it with that extra memory mod like yours has and something like the Keeley mod to increase fidelity would be awesome ( I'm sure there's other tweaks you guys know about as well )....Also improve reliability on it and say it's now " road worthy " on the new cool looking box you'll put it in . Maybe have a small LCD screen on it if possible.

Call it the DL4.1 or the DL4 +, or DL4 PRO or something.....paint it black or have cool graphics on it....

Get it to the market soon and you guys will increase market share for sure

bring it up at the next meeting will YA ???? ;)

you guys could have the best delay EVER with some improvements to an already great design...

18. jaycee

jaycee Member

I've been waiting patiently for this thing to come out for 2 months now. I currently have an XT live and I can't wait to get rid of it. I've never liked the all-in-one modeling boards and don't use half of the capability. But this thing is intriguing to me. No menus (which is huge for me) and a box with just effects. I'm plenty happy with my amp so i don't need the modeling. As long as the effects are usable i'm sure i'll be a happy camper. Plus the fact that you can save up to 12 (i think) scenes is like having 12 different pedalboards at your feet. In theory anyway. I hope it lives up to my expectations! Wow. A digital effects unit with knobs and no menus. Sold me from the git go.

19. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I just read the capabilties of this thing on the MF page....

pretty cool, if it sounds good and doesnt have volume drop problems ( it seems some line 6 products have this problem ) I'll be very interested. I'm really paranoid about volume drops for some reason....

Also, i wish it had a usb port....someone mentioned firm ware updates....

how can you update it without a usb ( or firewire ) port ??

is there a midi to usb cable or something ???

20. johnrea_77

johnrea_77 Silver Supporting Member

Maybe you know the answer to this.

When you set up the twelve scenes on the M13 can you assign a MIDI program change number to be sent out for each scene. That could make a BIG difference over one of the competitors for this unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.