New Line 6 M13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvstrats

I've been following this thread with great enthusiasm for quite a while. Got my m13 about 2 weeks ago, used it on a couple of rehearsals and gigs and I am unfortunately going to return it. It really has a lot of great sounds and I love that it's so easy to use, it's just not for me.

The concept is of course awesome, but, for me there is a harsh quality about these boxes that makes me feel like I am no longer playing my guitar and amp, instead I'm playing the m13 and losing all the warmth and nuance of my usual sound. I felt the same way about the XT Live a few years back. To me... they are both too brittle and cold.

I'm glad it has worked so well for so many...guess I'll keep searching.
I felt the same way and took it back. A couple of effects I use regularly are a line 6 tonecore Roto machine and a tonecore otto filter and those same effects in the M13 were subpar to me and unusable. I was pretty bummed after waiting so long for it to come out.

stilwel

Silver Supporting Member
Exact same effects.....so yes, same quality. In my opinion, owners of the 4-button stompers will be just as happy, and in some cases happier with the M13 models than the originals. For example, some of the DL4 Delays have been vastly improved, and some new models have been added.

dognmoon

stilwel,
Do you use much compression? I'm using the 4-cable method with a drive or filter in block 1 and always a fairly hard compressor in block 2. But I can only use about 2/5 of the delay options because of volume drop issues. I'm assuming it's something to do with my Nashville Squash comp addiction but I haven't had the time to sit down and suss out a solution by trial and error.

plato67

Silver Supporting Member
The barrel from my MM4 fits the M13, so I assume (I don't have one yet) that the PP2Plus barrel will fit the M13. I'm no electrician, but the M13 walwart sends 2000 mA and the MM4 sends 1200 mA.
Will the PP2plus, that does power the MM4 with 1200mA, have enough juice for the M13, which wants 2000 mA?

Anyone?

Last edited:

dustinhofsess

The barrel from my MM4 fits the M13, so I assume (I don't have one yet) that the PP2Plus barrel will fit the M13. I'm no electrician, but the M13 walwart sends 2000 mA and the MM4 sends 1200 mA.
Will the PP2plus, that does power the MM4 with 1200mA, have enough juice for the M13, which wants 2000 mA?

Anyone?
I tried the 1-spot adaptor. It has 1700mA of juice but it still didn't work. I think it really needs 2000mA. I wish there were a better solution, the line 6 wall wart is kind of big to mount on a pedalboard.

Last edited:

radcliff

The EB pedal works for the DL4, you just plug into the OUTPUT of the EB.

I bet the same goes for the M13

dognmoon

Hey Radcliff,
do you use the standard EB volume pedal for this? Or the junior version?
I think you can use whichever one has a 25k ohm pot. And in the Jr's, this is the active one I believe (because the EBjr's come in both an active and passive version).

Squigglefunk

this looks great.

a few Qs

are they still using microswitches with a fancy looking metal plunger?

does the looper allow you to do a short loop then loop a longer phrase over it?

JC-Tonequest

Can anyone on here tell me if you can change an amps channels that has midi? Will it send Midi Program Changes? I have a H&K Triamp MKII with the midi module. It would be great if you could control the amps channels with this thing too!

Thanks!!!

dognmoon

this looks great.

a few Qs

are they still using microswitches with a fancy looking metal plunger?

does the looper allow you to do a short loop then loop a longer phrase over it?
The switches for the X3 series and the M13 are the same. Heavy duty metal switches with a heavy duty metal housing. I wouldn't let the switch strength bother you.

As for the looper, the first pas defines the length. All subsequent passes work within that length, IIRC.

FUSER

Exact same effects.....so yes, same quality. In my opinion, owners of the 4-button stompers will be just as happy, and in some cases happier with the M13 models than the originals. For example, some of the DL4 Delays have been vastly improved, and some new models have been added.

This is great news for me as I am quite happy with DM-4, DL-4 and MM-4 I have used. I still own the MM-4.

Squigglefunk

The switches for the X3 series and the M13 are the same. Heavy duty metal switches with a heavy duty metal housing. I wouldn't let the switch strength bother you.
is this like the DL4 type switch is what I'm asking. I think they also had metal switch but they actually are just pressing down on a little cheap microswitch which I've had nothing but problems with on these multieffect type units.

plus too bad about the looper function. I know so many people who want to be able to lay down a short rhythm, loop it then throw a longer loop over top of that, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics