New Line 6 M13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastervolume

Hey Joe - is that an old Gibby? Which one you playing through?
good eye!

1964ish Ga30 RVT

I had(have) it up for sale in the forum for a really low price, I am coming out with an amp line and need the coin to cover the cost of cabs and chassis and trannies and.........

But.

I used it this weekend in one of my churches overflows with about 300 people not mic'd. It cut through the entire room. It has a perfect midrange that just works..

Might hang on to it now if I can.

teetopkram

good eye!

1964ish Ga30 RVT

I had(have) it up for sale in the forum for a really low price, I am coming out with an amp line and need the coin to cover the cost of cabs and chassis and trannies and.........

But.

I used it this weekend in one of my churches overflows with about 300 people not mic'd. It cut through the entire room. It has a perfect midrange that just works..

Might hang on to it now if I can.
Hey Mastervolume -

Just saw you were located in Huntington Beach. Have you heard of/had a chance to check out Seis Cuerdas yet? They were playing an outdoor street festival in HB when we were there for vacation this summer. Sort of new age/punk flamenco guitar, and masterfully fast.

Mastervolume

Hey Mastervolume -

Just saw you were located in Huntington Beach. Have you heard of/had a chance to check out Seis Cuerdas yet? They were playing an outdoor street festival in HB when we were there for vacation this summer. Sort of new age/punk flamenco guitar, and masterfully fast.
Yeah I have seen them on main street here a couple of times. They know how to play and how to play to a crowd, fun for sure but I don't see it going on my ipod.

pbhtrip

So Rich Renken - Product Manager from Line 6 Corp, when asked if there's any decent sound clips for this M13, tells us punters on TPG to go search "stilwell" on Youtube.

Well I did that and found that all of Stilwel clip's demoing the M13's effects (excepting the Looper) had a very brief connection description attached which states that the M13 was plugged into an AXE-FX. Stilwel also briefly states that the AXE-FX does nothing to the sound. If that's true then why bother plugging the M13 into it ??? There's no other description of how the tones are produced.

Now the marketing Gurus at Line 6 may think this is gonna fool a newbie, or some other dunce, but to the experienced muso, or even the wary consumer, this just looks like a fraud.
Am I as easily shocked as Rich is - No
Is this normal marketing practice - Yes.
Should we be very very suspicious when Marketing Execs start posting on non affiliated websites like TGP - ABSOLUTELY.

But as Rich points out you can also listen to clips of the M13 on the Line 6 website. If you wanna believe how they allegedly produced the tones for the Line 6 clips then good luck to ya.

And then there's all the allegedly super happy M13 consumers posting on here saying very little specific about the unit but singing it's praises and surprise, surprise, very few, if any, clips, mp3's etc are being posted here. Which brings us back to Stilwel and Line 6 marketing Execs.

Buyer beware, if you buy this unit without fully testing it out with your own guitars and amps first then you're CRAZZZZZY IMHO.
Are you an idiot?

Let me say for starters that I DO NOT work for Line6, nor do I use any Line6 gear. That being said I would be hard pressed to recall the last time I had the misfortune of reading such an idiotic post. Stillwell states clearly that the AxeFx is providing the AC30 amp sim only and that all effects come from the M13 in his initial M13 clip and in all the subsequent clips restates that the AxeFx is being used as an amp sim only. Anyone who can read would know what the signal path was and what each piece of gear was doing.

I've known Stillwell for quite a while now and I know exactly where he works..........it's not Line6. He was a beta tester for the M13, he made clips of the M13 during that testing period. I heard these clips before he made them available on YouTube and I was also aware of his thoughts on the M13. He was in no way trying to trick anyone with these clips..........the M13 was the source of the effects that you are hearing, the AxeFx was the source of the amp sims........it is a VERY simple thing to understand.

If you don't like the M13 (or L6) then don't buy one, who cares? I didn't buy one either, it doesn't interest me at this point.............but that doesn't mean that there aren't happy users out there. Just because the happy users aren't making clips to appease some moron on a message board doesn't mean that they don't exist.

I do agree with you on one point..........people should always try out gear before buying and if they can do that with their own guitar and amp then all the better. If you are only applying this little bit of smarts that you came up with to L6 gear then you're a bigger idiot than your post even reveals.

p

qatcat

Are you an idiot?

Let me say for starters that I DO NOT work for Line6, nor do I use any Line6 gear. That being said I would be hard pressed to recall the last time I had the misfortune of reading such an idiotic post. Stillwell states clearly that the AxeFx is providing the AC30 amp sim only and that all effects come from the M13 in his initial M13 clip and in all the subsequent clips restates that the AxeFx is being used as an amp sim only. Anyone who can read would know what the signal path was and what each piece of gear was doing.

I've known Stillwell for quite a while now and I know exactly where he works..........it's not Line6. He was a beta tester for the M13, he made clips of the M13 during that testing period. I heard these clips before he made them available on YouTube and I was also aware of his thoughts on the M13. He was in no way trying to trick anyone with these clips..........the M13 was the source of the effects that you are hearing, the AxeFx was the source of the amp sims........it is a VERY simple thing to understand.

If you don't like the M13 (or L6) then don't buy one, who cares? I didn't buy one either, it doesn't interest me at this point.............but that doesn't mean that there aren't happy users out there. Just because the happy users aren't making clips to appease some moron on a message board doesn't mean that they don't exist.

I do agree with you on one point..........people should always try out gear before buying and if they can do that with their own guitar and amp then all the better. If you are only applying this little bit of smarts that you came up with to L6 gear then you're a bigger idiot than your post even reveals.

p

+1 probably a Boss or Digitech minion out on a drive-by :hide

ejecta

Silver Supporting Member
Is there any way to run this so that you use s set up like a 4 cable method in that you can put effects in front of your amp but have all post pre amp effects go to a stereo wet rig. So basically using this in a w/d/w rig and have your post pre effects in the wet cabs but have still be able to put stomps like a comressor or drive in front of your head. Hope this makes sense. :D

ejecta

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, this makes sense, and is completely possible using the fx loop,
Yep I just found some info in the advanced users guide that it possible. Actually just found the link to that guide. The regular manual didnt address this. Thanks though!

troykennedy

I have hung on to some spendy OD pedals but over the weekend when I was comparing in a live setting my eternity vs the Tube drive setting on the M13, the M13 was the real winner.
OK I just tried this and freaked myself out a little bit. Tube Driver dialed in just a little is really giving my 2 (count 'em) 2 eternities a real run for their money. Yikes!

Design Guy

Gold Supporting Member
Endlessly entertaining, this thread is (did that sound too much like Yoda?).

As far as I know, everyone from Line 6 (myself included) is very open about where we work. Most of us even have that disclaimer in our signature lines.

I've been on this board since the old PRS Forum days and still come here primarily for the same reasons everyone else does. ...that said, it's also fun to read what people think of gear I helped create; oh, there have been some doozies, not to mention some outrigh brutal posts in the past. It's all good though. :)

Rock on!
D

DavidE

Is there any way to run this so that you use s set up like a 4 cable method in that you can put effects in front of your amp but have all post pre amp effects go to a stereo wet rig. So basically using this in a w/d/w rig and have your post pre effects in the wet cabs but have still be able to put stomps like a comressor or drive in front of your head. Hope this makes sense. :D
This question has been asked and answered several times in this thread. The answer is yes. Pretty cool.

DavidE

Mine just arrived........

Should I video the unboxing? LOL... WTF is up with those unboxing videos? What a waste of time!

briaNsr

Mine just arrived........

Should I video the unboxing? LOL... WTF is up with those unboxing videos? What a waste of time!
hahaha.. screw unboxing.. make a video running 4 delays, or 4 reverbd.. or 2 delays and 2 reerbs.. give us some spacey ambient wacky sounds!!!

Mastervolume

OK I just tried this and freaked myself out a little bit. Tube Driver dialed in just a little is really giving my 2 (count 'em) 2 eternities a real run for their money. Yikes!
two weeks ago bobby commented on my tone and said I was just killing. When he stepped around my amp and looked at the M13 lying on the stage he just started laughing. He was one of the beta testers for the unit.

If this thing cost a grand I would have bought it. For less than 500 bucks it is a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics