New Line 6 Metal Amps Pack for POD HD's demo

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by glenndelune, Apr 29, 2015.

1. glenndelune

glenndelune Member

Tried to put this in the "Digital Modeling Gear Demos" area but there was no "New Thread" button so, here goes:

2. Jdstrat

Jdstrat Supporting Member

Wow, Glenn. Great playing and tones. I don't play that style of music, and I didn't buy the metal pack, but watching your video makes me want to do both. :)

I might also try a thumb pick sometime.

Do you find any advantage playing through the Scarlett 2i4, rather than recording direct through USB?

3. glenndelune

glenndelune Member

Thank you JD. No advantage really to using the 2i4. It's just very quick & easy but the main reason is that I didn't want to put the Liine6 drivers on my main video & music computer.

4. toelessfoot

toelessfoot Member

Nice tight playing Glenn

5. roachone

roachone Member

Never have liked Line 6 stuff, but man, that sounds pretty awesome! Great sound and playing Glenn.

6. Chris Hayden

Chris Hayden Member

I like the last demo song. Reminded me of some of the old Faces songs. Good work Glenn!

7. Che_Guitarra

Che_Guitarra Member

I only just caught your demo - great stuff. In setting my own presets, I was trying to work out which hard rock gain tone I liked better - the 2204 or the Variac'ed Plexi... then I turned the knob to the PV Panama patch and haven't looked back.

8. glenndelune

glenndelune Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Yeah Che, that PV Panama is an incredible amp model. Throw a TS in front of it an watch it come alive!! For those of you who aren't into the Metal stuff you should check out the Line6 Vintage Amp Pack. It's got some great stuff in there. Here is a shortened video I did. I cut out all of the talking so it's just music!! I especially like the Roland JC120 model. The Orange OR80 model is Rockin' Too!! Thanks again guys. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  9. Chris Hayden

Chris Hayden Member

Great work, Glenn. I'm lovin the vintage pack. I played an afternoon gig today using mostly the Orange model. Love it!

10. ShavenYak

ShavenYak Member

The JC120 is great. But I couldn't get the chorus to sound quite how I wanted it, and you just about nailed it. Is that the Dimension model?

11. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

Glenn, do you have patches for the Pod X3? If you do places let me know, as I'd like to pick those up.

I have your patches for the basic HD. Great stuff, however I find that the unit as a whole underwhelming and the quality of models/cabs to be lacking. It's almost seems like when you pull up an amp you have to fix the problems with it before you can start doing the normal settings you would do with a regular amp and effects. I went back to the X3 after 3 months of HD and was amazed at how easy it was to work with. You pull up an amp and it's ready to go.

12. glenndelune

glenndelune Member

Nope, it's the Tri-Chorus

Hey Tm, yes I do have my POD X3 custom patches available on my website in the Patch Download area. Thank you so much for your continued support.