New Lovepedal E6 new - instock!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by imguitardan, Mar 4, 2008.

1. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

Check it out! LED, 9 Volt tap, (It's orange). I've already ordered mine.:drool It's only $179.
    [​IMG]

What'r you waiting for? Check it out...

http://www.lovepedal.com/e6.htm

BTW: this is not an item I'm selling. Just trying to fill ya'll in. I don't work for Lovepedal (but I do love my White Eternity and have been jonesing for an E6 (esp. w/ an LED!)).

2. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I just got my DHL notification today - I should have it in a few days.

I dont know if it will be orange - that may be a photoshop filter or something in that photo....

mmm.. i wonder what color it will be ? Doesn't matter as long as it sounds good...

I love the regular eternity ( have a burst and a stock black one ) also have a cot 50 that is very cool as well....

All nicely voiced pedals for sure...

3. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

Sean said it's orange. Are you and I the only ones excited by this? WTF?

4. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

5. Andre357

Andre357 Member

So it definitely is orange. Nice !!!! It will look great on my board next to my black eternity and white cot 50 !

I'm looking forward to it for sure. I haven't been disappointed with a lovepedal product yet. I really dig Sean's stuff. Recently received a Vibe pedal that is great as well....has that hypnotic throb and swirl I was looking for. Perfect price point for what it is and isn't........and what I'll be using it for.

I wonder if the E6 will/can replace my cot 50 ?? I'll have mine in about two days !

6. godotzilla

godotzilla Member

DHL-Man dropped mine off this morning. Haven't had a chance to unpack and plug in yet, but I'll report back later, after I've had a chance to wank through it a bit.

7. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

Ok, I love my white eternity into my VOX, but I'm finding it could use a bit more bottom end in my Marshall and Fender. Into my VOX it is heavenly and would never get rid of it, but can someone tell me if there's a different version on the E that has a touch more bottom end, like , say an orange version that looks wicked?

8. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member

9. Andre357

Andre357 Member

So what do you think ?? ;)

10. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

I just got my DHL notification. I prolly won't get it until this weekend (finger's crossed).:D Just my luck...I have finals next week (I guess I won't do much studying:Devil).

Any one who already has, one..we'd love pics/clips/vids/opinions.

11. cslagle7

cslagle7 Member

Mine's coming friday...my first taste of eternity. I definitely want to hear some reviews too. thanks...

12. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

It was a hard decision between that one and the black eternity. I went with the E6 because I run through a Marshall JCM800.

13. acemcguire

acemcguire Supporting Member

I ordered one too. Can't wait to check it out.

14. godotzilla

godotzilla Member

Got some time in with it last night. It isn't the answer for those seeking more bottom out of their Eternity--it still tamps the low end down. Calling this box a distortion is premature as well. It has more gain than a garden-variety E, but it's still pretty firmly in the overdrive oeuvre. I don't know. I'm not blown away. I need to play with it some more, especially in a band setting. It does have some cool sounds in it, but the little sucker is BRIGHT--even with the "glass" almost all the way CCW. And it doesn't seem to clean up well--gets brittle fast. When A/Bed with my COT50, the Church won hands down for richness, body, and an overall sweeter overdrive. I know Sean has said this is not a "smooth" pedal, but it isn't really "rude" either--certainly not like a Rat. At this point, the E6 poses no challenge to the OCD as a heavier OD/Distortion box.

15. iggs

iggs Member

I have the E6 Anniversary and that description is pretty spot on. I'm running mine through Dr. Z Route 66 and Z-Best via Hot Plate + Fender Am. Std. Hard-Tail with JB (bridge) and '59 (neck) & Am Dlx Ash Tele. With the Strat and JB in bridge it sounds fantastic but with my Tele it's quite bright. I do like the "character" of it though, pinch harmonics just scream with it. It's far from a high-gain distortion and I was hoping for more gain based on the description, 3X the gain of regular E is a bit misleading IMHO ... more like 1.5 times. I never liked the original Eternity but I do like this one. The regular E just sounds a bit too compressed and mid-humpy for my taste but this one is much more open. I'm definitely keeping it but not sure if it's going on my board.

You want all out distortion??? PP800 is the ticket! Mine is a monster! I don't remember when's the last time I played any tapping licks, but with this one it's all about both hands on the board.
    I think my hair grew at least an inch longer while playing it ... :D

16. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

That brittle description's pretty scary. I know the original PP100 had a brightness that couldn't be dialed out. I like bite...but I'm getting scared:worried.

17. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

If you are referrig to the Purple Plexi, I have 2 and neither has any "brightness that (can't be) dialed out". All knobs at 1:00 sounds real nice. ymmv.

18. bapa

bapa Member

Is the pedal orange as on the Lovepedal site. Also, do Lovepedal mail when a pedal is on the way or give some conformation that they recieved money for a purchase, like most builders do. Haven´t heard a word since i paypaled them more than a week ago. also tried mail, no reply.....

Cheers

19. Andre357

Andre357 Member

You'll get an email from DHL ( the shipping company they use ) when it ships.

You dont get a confirmation email when purchased. You paypal receipt is the confirmation.

For what it's worth I've ordered about 6 pedals from sean in the last year and sometimes the wait is longer than others but I always get them :)

My E6 came in a short while ago but i cant try it till i get home from the " day job ".........

I have a 3 set gig tonight at a local restaurant. I'll use it for at least one set and try to post back with a " live use " report tomorrow .

Sometimes what sounds bright at home can be perfect in a live situation I have found...

To those that received the E6 already how does it sound with glass turned all the way down ??

20. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

Yeah...I had a PP100 and I like bright tone but that pedal has no tone knob. It sounds like a bright, bitey plexi but on my 100watt Super Lead I took the bright cap off. Can't do that with a PP100. The PP800 apparently does have a tone stack (very sweepable from what Sean sez). That's next if the E6 can't for it for me.