NEW Mad Professor Pedal: Bluebird Overdrive Delay

iowa

Corn fed basement hack
Silver Supporting Member
I like it. It sounds like what I want the golden cello to do.
Unfortunately I wasn't real impressed with the volume knob clean up on the golden cello.
I'm one of those guys that really likes the idea of a single pedal between my amp and guitar

Rumblemeister

Platinum Supporting Member
I think it sounds great. As much as I love my pedals, I want a small footprint onstage so I'm all for any pedal that combines functionality and sounds good. This may not be "it" but I'm going to check it out.

Blues Lyne

I don't understand these "dual pedals" with limited controls...I think most people would prefer 2 fully-featured pedals instead
Right, and there are tons of full featured pedals for most people to buy. However, some people may like to have delay and dirt in one pedal, and this is available for them to buy. This also isn't the pedal for those who want full control of the delay on the fly, but, might be perfect for the person that sets a delay tone and never touches it again and would like to turn on a lead boost and some delay with one stomp. Not all products are meant for all people.

Soundhound

Often all I need is some dirt and a little delay. I really like the idea of having a single pedal in my gig bag, woudlnt need a pedal board at all. Not sure if i coudl get away with the delay controls being set it and forget it. Maybe just put the delay around 250 ms, could work. I'd have to try it... But,not being able to adjust the delay level..that would make it hard to use I would think.

Last edited:

Plexi Memory

I think it is aimed at people who's lead sound is overdrive with delay. Go from clean or slightly dirty rhythm to overdriven with echo in one click. No ambient whooshing, mind you, just some added depth. The other delay controls are internal to cut down on the footprint and possibly to eliminate inadvertent changing of them maybe? I don't know. Myself, once I dial in a delay setting I rarely move the knobs (my DMM's haven't moved in months). All in all, a cool idea in my opinion. The tones in the video are pretty sweet.

Mangy71

Sounds great. Sure the delay controls are inside, but a normal MP pedal sells for about $170 and this one will probably be around $199. You are pretty much getting the delay feature added to an already great OD pedal for about an extra $30. I agree that this would be perfect for guys that run one OD pedal for rhythm and then hit a second od pedal for lead. You could kick on od/delay with one button push for lead sounds. I am very interested in this pedal.

CoconutLove

I am looking for a pedal strictly for LEAD boosts. I like delay and gain on my leads and this pedal seems as if it will do the trick! However, I see in the description of the pedal it say to use this pedal with a clean amp for best results. I get my dirty tone, from my Fryette 100CL, I use no pedals for overdrive/gain. Will this pedal put too much gain on an already overdriven tone? I play AC/DC, KISS style rock and use about that much gain. My amp does have an effects loop as well. Does this pedal work well in effects loops or better into the front end?

Thank You!!!!!!!

Glowing Tubes

Silver Supporting Member
I like the idea. Simplify your board a bit. Not sure about the internal trim pots so much though.
Excellent playing on the demo.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
This pedal might be the single greatest invention since sliced breaaaaaaa....whut

AllmanFan

Silver Supporting Member
I like it alot! Im not a big delay user but I like the subtleness of the reviews. I have never found a use of only a delay pedal without any dirt with what I play.

Kenny Blue

Gold Supporting Member
I am very interested in this pedal. I have a great delay already so I wouldnt mind if this pedal didnt have the delay at all.

But even with my delay I just set it how I like it and it stays there... period. I can see the delay that is part of this pedal as useful. The trim pots are inside, undoubtedly to save cost.

The Bluebird OD sounds something like the Blue Sky OD to me. I read in one review of the new Amber OD ( which sounds like the Golden Cello) that indeed the Amber OD is the handwired, European version of the Golden Cello ( of course it is sans the Delay and increased cost due to the handwiring).

So I am wondering if possibly it is the same deal with the Bluebird OD... if it is also a less expensive version of the Blue Sky OD ( with Delay like the Golden Cello).

Does anyone know ?

markokarhu

Bluebird has it's own circuit, not similar to Blue Sky. And the Amber is not similar to Golden Cello, some similarities yes, but not similar. Hope this helps!

Marko Karhu
Mad Professor/Key Account Manager

3 Mile Stone

I don't care that it has a delay in it at all. I'd just turn the mix down and use my delay. That pedal sounds really good. Anyone else feel they are shooting for Dumble tones with this one? Certainly the playing in that video was in that direction. I liked it. I'll probably get one.

Trending Topics