New Marcus King Album! Good lord so good.

theanthonyv

He has talent. I dig many of his songs. But I think he’s gotten away from his more songwriting persona and morphed into more of a jam-band guy, like TTB, Phish or whatever. Saw him live about two months ago and it was mostly a jam fest. He played maybe one or two of the more ‘songwriter’ cuts. The rest was 10-minute jazz odyssey kinda tracks. It was ok but got one-dimensional and boring after about 30 mins. Still like him overall though.

jjboogie

He has talent. I dig many of his songs. But I think he’s gotten away from his more songwriting persona and morphed into more of a jam-band guy, like TTB, Phish or whatever. Saw him live about two months ago and it was mostly a jam fest. He played maybe one or two of the more ‘songwriter’ cuts. The rest was 10-minute jazz odyssey kinda tracks. It was ok but got one-dimensional and boring after about 30 mins. Still like him overall though.

I thought he was always like that? LOL

ArkGuy

I saw him at Crossroads right before Covid. Big venue. Saw him this past February in a 600 person joint in Fayetteville. Great show and he had an impressive collection of guitars including his grandfather’s ‘62 345. Dude can play. Reminds me a lot of Warren Haynes.

Muddy100

Saw him about a month ago at a 700 person venue. He was the last act I saw before Covid, and it was great to see him and his band again....a great show!!

Little_Wing

I saw him at Crossroads right before Covid. Big venue. Saw him this past February in a 600 person joint in Fayetteville. Great show and he had an impressive collection of guitars including his grandfather’s ‘62 345. Dude can play. Reminds me a lot of Warren Haynes.
I had never heard of him until I got the Crossroads 2019 movie. I was impressed!

jhfire

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah good stuff, Dan Aucherbach produced that record. Although that record "Young Blood" doesn't come out til August, the singles have been wonderful!

jjboogie

How did he get so good?
He's always been like that. He opened for a band I was touring with several years ago. I remember hearing the tail end of his sound check and being absolutely blown away. He was playing an SG thru a Tube screamer into an old blackface super reverb. The guy is from another planet.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom