New Mark Campellone Build!

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys I've been meaning to start a thread chronicling my new build by master luthier Mark Campellone, but you know how it goes. It's actually almost done, and I can't wait for the finished product. I am having him build his Standard 17" arch top. It features a solid spruce top, solid maple back and sides and neck, and ebony fretboard and bridge. I decided to go with a set in Lollar Imperial Humbucker. I've always wanted a Gibson L5ces, but just can't pay the crazy prices that they fetch now. I was able to check out L.A. jazz great Frank Potenza's Campellone, and knew that Mark could build me a guitar even better than Gibson, and at a very reasonable price. Mark has been incredible to work with, and he's been sending me pics throughout the whole process. If you want to check them out, click the link below. I'll make sure to do some review videos once I get it in. Should only be a couple of weeks from now.....

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzJpKi

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
Hey guys I've been meaning to start a thread chronicling my new build by master luthier Mark Campellone, but you know how it goes. It's actually almost done, and I can't wait for the finished product. I am having him build his Standard 17" arch top. It features a solid spruce top, solid maple back and sides and neck, and ebony fretboard and bridge. I decided to go with a set in Lollar Imperial Humbucker. I've always wanted a Gibson L5ces, but just can't pay the crazy prices that they fetch now. I was able to check out L.A. jazz great Frank Potenza's Campellone, and knew that Mark could build me a guitar even better than Gibson, and at a very reasonable price. Mark has been incredible to work with, and he's been sending me pics throughout the whole process. If you want to check them out, click the link below. I'll make sure to do some review videos once I get it in. Should only be a couple of weeks from now.....

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzJpKi

You deserve it. You are a fine player!

Cheers!

Locatelli

This makes me wonder - is it a strange sign? I just started to look for 1st class solid archtops, after I have some experience with fine eastman guitars I think of having a 16" or 17" master grade archtop made for me. Still looking for the right builder. Should be in germany, but I'm not sure and I'm far from making a choice.

Congratulations!

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
I've played a couple of Mark's guitars over the years and met him at a guitar show a decade or more ago.

Fabulous guitars. Yours looks amazing.

Congrats!

Cedar

Platinum Supporting Member
I can almost hear Autumn Leaves from here!

Beautiful guitar.

GregoryL

Mark’s work is outstanding and he was an absolute pleasure to work with from initial questions, to spec’ing a build, to progress updates, to delivery.

You’ll love it.

Here’s mine…

F7FF787F-7D01-4D33-A5FC-120853982892.jpeg

Jabberwocky

This makes me wonder - is it a strange sign? I just started to look for 1st class solid archtops, after I have some experience with fine eastman guitars I think of having a 16" or 17" master grade archtop made for me. Still looking for the right builder. Should be in germany, but I'm not sure and I'm far from making a choice.

Congratulations!
Stefan Sonntag in Germany.

ssdeluxe

Great gtr..wow ! Enjoy it well !... and I love that burst shading you chose.... really looks special.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom