New Mark Hoppus Signature Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by ImmortalSix, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ImmortalSix

ImmortalSix Member

2. Eric F

Eric F Member

Hmmm...it looks like they have the pup location pushed further towards the neck than they traditional P location. For some reason, I can't bring myself to love the way the Hoppus looks. Something just seems odd about it, and not in a good way.

3. hammersig

hammersig Member

I agree, I love the concept, but I think it's the pickguard that throws the look off for me. If I'm correct, this actually has the P-neck on a Jazz body?

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

hmm, the neck is different, with the truss rod access at the heel like the american standards and the new highway 1s. i wonder if it has the graphite neck reinforcement like these do? (fender's site has the older version.)

5. SGNick

SGNick Member

Looks like the different pickup location would work well with Mark's style, he seems to pick by the bridge a lot.

I like it. I'm getting kind of bored of people thinking there are only 2 kinds of basses in the world.... hahaha!

6. auraelux

auraelux Member

The pickup has been inverted so maybe it gives off that illusion. I can't wait to get my hands on one

7. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

oh yeah, it looks like they left the E-A coil where it's supposed to be and just put the D-G coil on the other side, doesn't it?

8. sears

sears Member

the one I have played is a bruiser