New Marshall JCM 800 prototype?

goddot

Has anyone heard of this amp... supposed to be a pic out there on the forums but I have been unable to find it? This could be great news

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
I don't like the sound of that. They better not screw it up. Keep it simple and release a low power or combo line of JCM800s or do an Astoria type amp based on the 800.

guitarman3001

It could be the greatest amp they've ever made and still loads of you would find something to complain about. :D
Mark my words, they will find a way to screw this up. They will leave something out like maybe an FX loop, maybe a feature that should be footswitchable, maybe a shared but horribly mismatched EQ, etc...etc....

Reactions: Rod

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Platinum Supporting Member
Maybe they'll take the yjm100 and make it into a super jcm800. Well, that's what I'd do. But I'm not too creative.

C-4

If Marshall comes out with a new JCM 800 version, it won't be until the NAMM.
I wouldn't prejudge Marshall on the possibility that they may booger up a good thing until they actually do.
While some may not put too much faith in Marshall's ability to guess correctly what their buying base desires, they may hit it out of the park.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Platinum Supporting Member
I am anxiously waiting, JCM800 protype, wow, this may be a great one from Marshall for 2017.

guitarman3001

If Marshall comes out with a new JCM 800 version, it won't be until the NAMM.
I wouldn't prejudge Marshall on the possibility that they may booger up a good thing until they actually do.
While some may not put too much faith in Marshall's ability to guess correctly what their buying base desires, they may hit it out of the park.
What have they put out recently that has hit it out of the park?

guitarman3001

Maybe the 25 watt Silver Jubilees? They should do a similar thing, but an 800, maybe switchable between tradition and hot-rodded.
I would call those a triple, maybe even a double. The rhythm clip isn't footswitchable and it takes some work to use them as a channel switcher. They also don't seem to do well at low volumes.

The closest I've seen to hitting one out of the park recently have been the Friedman Runts and the Mesa TC50, although those are too new to really tell, but so far they seem to be killing it.

Marshall needs a real two-channel amp with either separate EQs, or a clean channel like the Runt's which is pre-EQd and independent of the dirt channel's EQ, and maybe give the dirt channel two voicing options like plexi/JCM800 or something like that. And if there's a rhythm clip, make it footswitchable. And include an FX loop. And unlike the Astoria line,price them slightly lower than a new Honda Fit.

Trending Topics