• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Mastodon

LocustXReign

Is streaming on their myspace right now, and is a gdamn buffet of goosed marshall riffage and mindbending adventuresome subject matter.

I think along with Kurt Ballou and the Guys from the Black Crowes, Brent and Bill are the only two contemporary guitarists i feel a connection to, as I feel to the classic guys.

Such a cool sound.

-DB

gtrplayer23

great band with great guitar tones. they love old marshalls. they have interesting subject matter in their songs. :bong

Quinny

Absolutely love this band! I'm currently learning Blood Mountain on the guitar... never previously been one for learning other people's stuff, but Mastodon is really expanding my playing. Check out cracktheskye.com, some cool artwork and other stuff on there for the new album. Saw them a few times last year (met them in Belfast too, really nice guys), hoping to do so again this year.

LocustXReign

I think I need to start learning some more of their riffs.

Brents pyschobilly past really shows in his lead work and drone note stuff. Makes me miss weird, heavy music.

PanicProne

I haven't been into mastodon before but I've listened to some songs on their myspace nad I'm really starting to like it. The new stuff sounds great.

I have Leviathan, and it fell off my radar after a week or so. Ill have to revisit it again... How is Blood Mountain??

codeorama

Crack the Skye is completely badass... I downloaded the leaked version and can't stop listening to it (don't worry, I'll purchase the CD tomorrow). Was not a big Mastodon fan before, but this is pretty amazing.

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
I have Leviathan, and it fell off my radar after a week or so. Ill have to revisit it again... How is Blood Mountain??
Blood Mountain is one of the best cds of the last 10 years.

In metal/hard rock anyways.

I will be getting Crack the Skye tomorrow. Can't wait.

soulohio

Leviathan is absolutely great and catchy...Blood Mountain not so much. I have listened to it about 20 times and the 3rd track Sleeping Giant is the only one that turns on the gas for me...

uberschall

Silver Supporting Member
downloading the new album today- they also include an instrumental version of the whole album. Love Mastodon!!

geetarboy

Got the version with the instrumental versions as well. Very cool. I think it's my favorite of their albums so far.

Trending Topics