• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Matt O'Ree CD - Holy crap!

MikeMcK

Gold Supporting Member
Finally got to hear the finished complete album yesterday, and it kills. A few surprises, some mainly for guitar geeks:
- Hubert Sumlin, recorded just before he passed on. Not sure it's his last recorded track, but it might be.
- Warren Haynes. Enough said.
- At least one track was recorded using the very V4 cabinet & speakers Ken Fischer used to use to voice Trainwreck amps.

Non-guitar surprises:
- Fella named Bruce Springsteen on vocals. You know, that kid might find some success in the industry.
- David Bryan (Bon Jovi) co-wrote and played on a few... not really a surprise if you know Matt's history.
- I was very pleasantly surprised to find my name in the "Thanks to" section of the cover. Wish I could say I contributed, but it's there because Matt's a good dude.

Best part is, you can ignore all of that and it's still a great album... not because I know Matt, but because it is: www.mattoree.com

MikeMcK

Gold Supporting Member
I was at his CD release party at the Stone Pony. Great player.
Lucky you... I was supposed to be there (my buddy plays drums with the opener and got me on the list) but I got sucked into a last minute gig... you know those gigs where you ask yourself, "should I take this one?" and realize at 10:30 that the answer was, "no"? One of those.

Last edited:

mattoree

thanks so much guys for the support! glad you like the new record. Its an all JM trainwreck record. Would love to hear your thoughts on favorite songs. I'm all ears! Sorry I haven't been on here in a long time.

MikeMcK

Gold Supporting Member
I forgot about this thread, but it looks like I goofed when I wrote it... completely forgot about your old friend Steve Cropper but I had Hubert Sumlin there instead. Am I imagining things, or did you record with Hubert just before he passed?

Also, did Cropper really squeeze Henry J's arm into giving you a guitar?

mattoree

I did get the chance to! Was amazing. He was the coolest guy. He remembered me from the Guitar Center win in 2006. That's how it happened. Cropper did give me a Gibson flying V. Super cool of him! I even took picture of the box on my door step when it was delivered with Crop's return addy on it. Still can't believe he did that. He's a tremendous musician. Not to mention my buddy David from Bon Jovi. He's my brother for sure. Greatest person I've had the privilege to know. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't of had the opportunity to tour with Jon. And then to top off the whole record having Bruce sing 1/2 the song and play guitar. I gotta keep pinching myself. Ha. I taught his son guitar for years which is how that happened. Bruce is really an amazing person and musician. A true artist for sure. I'm blessed to have them all on the new record. Hope you guys dig it. Its on iTunes, my website and spotify. But the art is super cool too! Mark Weiss did all the photography. He's THE rock photog, amazing career he's had. He's shot everyone. Anyway, off to a gig. Be back later. Matt

Fatboy666

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on your success Matt, your hard work paid off!

Tell Hummell I said hi! :)

cycler

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I just gotta say; wife and I caught Matt and the band at the Lizzie Rose music room in NJ. Acoustic set which was outstanding. Hope they play there again.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom