New Maxon tube pedals

blood5150

Does look cool, but they are capitalizing on the "throw a tube in it and they will come" philosophy.....

I think people will start serving tubes in a blanket appetizers at parties soon.

teleblaster

Wow! some cool stuff coming out. Looks like some of the bigger companys are getting on the botique band wagon :drool

GrecoVee

Why in the Heck do they do things like this!!!
Release pictures of a new pedal and have absolutley NO info. on their web site about it!!,....
Ticks Me Off!! to No End!!!!:BITCH

teefus

some of the maxon pedals were for display only. the people manning the booth had limited info too. one guy told me some questionable info on one of the updated delays that was easily cross-checked. the "tube" pedals, upon closer examination, have two yellow/red leds under the little tubes that light up instantly. you can tell it is not the heater filament glowing. not that it makes the pedal good or bad but they are being a little misleading.

utterhack

Why in the Heck do they do things like this!!!
Release pictures of a new pedal and have absolutley NO info. on their web site about it!!,....
Ticks Me Off!! to No End!!!!:BITCH
Um... they haven't released pictures... those were taken by a private individual at NAMM...

tmd187

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I cannot wait to see what everyone comes out with, I think Maxon is taking a giant leap in the mainstream sense, or should I say Godlyke is?

walterw

Gold Supporting Member
could this be what i've wished for at long last? a ts-9 that gets its clip from a tube rather than from transistors?!

that looks like one of those mini tubes that duncan is using, which is promising because "high voltage" for one of those is supposedly not as hard to achieve as it is for a 12ax7-type.

JimmyR

Maxon have been doing some cool stuff recently. I love their analogue delays. I have one of their Ad999s and a more recent AD9pro, both are great delays. Would love to try a VOP9 OD. Now this!

TheGrooveking

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I missed that, I hate when they do put LED's behind the tubes to accenuate the glow of a tube. I mean, you know it has a tube by looking at it, that is just marketing crap.

TheGrooveking

Trending Topics