New MBritt Colonial Mini Pack Just Released For KPA!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jose7822, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

2. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

Heading there for download right now. They do sound great.

Jose7822 likes this.
  3. tomaburque

tomaburque Member

Jamming on it right now. They didn't work at first because I was on firmware 3.1. Updated to 3.3 and Rig Manager 1.5.40 and now she's singing.

Holy cow! Fender or Marshall tone stack. Diode rectifier (punch) or tube rectifier (sag). "Mood" knob to vary the negative feedback. Don't know what that does but it sounds cool. Various combinations at various gain setting and some with a Timmy pedal and some with a Archer pedal. Three different cabs: MB's standard 3rd power 2X12 with Celestion Classic Lead 80s, a vintage Marshall box with Greenbacks and a 1X12 3rd power box he says is a bit brighter. I've always been a sucker for the Marshall roaring lion thing so all these variations are a pleasure indeed.

Jose7822 likes this.
  4. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

As someone else said, "The sound of perfection".

5. m~Dan

m~Dan Member

I do own that amp myself (besides a H&K Puretone the only amp that's left)... it sounds SO good, can't wait to check out those profiles!!

Jose7822 likes this.
  6. mattball826

mattball826 Member

Adding!! Holy Shiii these are nice!!

KPA+ Mbritt for the win

Jose7822 likes this.
  7. duaneflowers

duaneflowers Member

Behind a Killer Les Paul Somewhere in Japan
    Another home run from mbritt!!!

Jose7822 likes this.
  8. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

So I downloaded the pack last night and got to spend about 30 minutes with it. I am a Marshall guy, so this was right up my alley. This pack is not a gained up marshall sound. You aren't going to be doing 80's hair band stuff with it. What it excels in is PUNCH. If you have ever sat in a room with a loud real vintage plexi, you have heard that punch. Think pick attack and air being moved. A lot of plexi profiles don't always catch that so well. These profiles do, especially the ones with the 212 cabinet and no pedals. The edge of breakup tones and vintage lower gain tones are amazing in this profile back. The tones are super crisp, very clear and the low end is tight. This morning I was fooling with the JTM45 setting. I raised the gain from 2.6 to 3.2 and threw a "confidence boost" front the Kemper in front of it. It sounded ACDC back in black to me, so I threw this quick clip together. It was one take, so don't bust my balls. There are a couple of tomatoes in the clip, but it should give you and idea of the tone. I am playing it through an atomic CLR cab off to the side. And yes, that's a Metropoulos 68 Plexi in the background, so I have a great plexi amp as a reference for this clip.

9. tomaburque

tomaburque Member

@wedewer ACDC man :dude Really nice the top end slice on these profiles.

Yeah, this is for those looking for non-master volume, pre-JCM 800 Marshall tones. To me Marshall peaked in '74 with those metal-panel Super Lead monsters when they cranked the B+ to over 500 volts for that glorious prismatic crushed glass tone. No sizzle, just beautiful sparkling distortion crystals. Stick a Rat pedal in front of it for the 80s big hair sound.

10. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

11. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

Someone send Mr. Britt a Helix! I'm in for those too.

12. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

13. journo

journo Member

He told me he already has one.

Cheers,

Mats N

Jose7822 and Bikedude like this.
  14. journo

journo Member

I have this Tyler with 3 sc and a maple board that I love the feel of but I have had a hard time making it sounding powerful and dynamic at the same time. I’ve been close to selling it a few times but for some reason have held on to it.

Today I had it out because I wanted to try some stuff with it on a new tune I’m writing. When I first hooked it up, the Colonial 3 3 profile was active and when I started playing, that was it. I’ve been playing it 3 hours straight with the profiles 3 2, 3 3 and 3 8 and I love it. Just what I’ve been searching for. Only downside was that I totally forgot I was supposed to work on my tune. :)

Cheers,

Mats N

flyingheelhook and Jose7822 like this.