New Memeber lovers METAL has pedal configuration ISSUES

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ctmb_f_yeah, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ctmb_f_yeah

ctmb_f_yeah Member

Hello everyone on TGP!!! This is my first post but I been reading and checking things out for a little while now. Im a Chicago based Metal/industrial/punk guitarist. I have a Hughes and Kettner Original TRIAMP 100W, an Ibanez Prestige and Gio (top of the line and bottom haha) a Gibson Les Paul Studio, a LTD ESP Hybrid and a Jasmine.

My BIG issue is my pedal arrangement: what order they go in and if its in a chain into the input or in the effect loop... My goal is to have a variety of dynamic to my sound, meaning from metal chugging to solos/melodies screaming over the band, to rhythm work through out the song. my pedals are listed below with how i been trying them...

Set up One not running anything but power in my SKB pedal board

My guitar into Boss tuner into Little Gator Volume into CryBaby into amp.

Then in the amp loop i do my Seymour Duncan Pick Up Booster into Xotic RC Booster into a MXR M108 EQ into RockTron Hush (I have a small old school Zoom effect processor which isnt a necessity but it would go here then) into Boss DD6.

The second set up is the same but using the inputs through the pedal board to the amps. This set up seems to suck some tone but I have not turned the SKB guitar input gain all the way up its at half

I guess what I am looking for is some reassurance that I am at least in the right direction and if there might be a trick or two I could include. My boosters seem to suck if I put them in line from the guitar into the amp input. And the volume pedal kinda lacks the push from rhythm to lead settings. my first idea was the volume is at the end of any chain because wouldnt you want to control overall volume of everything? I tried thinking of it theoretically like my volume idea but ended up going with some junk i read online (not this site haha)

My pic below is kinda messy

THANKS ROCKERS!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard! I don't use pedals (strict guitar/cable/amp guy) but I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Make sure you post this question in the pedal section here; you'll get a lot of feedback from folks there.

Welcome to The Gear Page!

4. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

Welcome to the Gear Page - like Scott said post your quesitons in the right discussion area and you will get a lot of response from other's experience.