New Meris LVX Modular Delay System

kspicknell

The arpeggiated triad chords are played in 2 octaves, so mostly 6 notes before repeating. The 6-sided shape is a hexagon, of which there are many on this sphere, which I only caught sight of once I slowed-down the teaser video.

What does this mean? Hexa—who knows…? But, I trust the excellent and imaginative Meris folks enjoy watching you cool people deciphering and analyzing the clues… if even clues they are…
7D521D44-E1F8-42FB-9EB6-9D5BFAFEBB22.jpeg

Last edited:

kspicknell

The arpeggiated triad chords are played in 2 octaves, so mostly 6 notes before repeating. The 6-sided shape is a hexagon, of which there are many on this sphere, which I only caught sight of once I slowed-down the teaser video.

What does this mean? Hexa—who knows…? But, I trust the excellent and imaginative Meris folks enjoy watching you cool people deciphering and analyzing the clues… if even clues they are…
View attachment 595807
If this is an effects pedal that’s being teased, wouldn’t it be Meris’ 6th effects pedal release?

Also, 5+17 = 22, meaning… ? o_O:dunno
038094A6-C8BD-496D-AC34-388D41680E96.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread, I read some literary criticism on Asimov (it’s like being back doing my English degree again), and there are references to LVX-1 in Asimov’s short story having its brain designed by Dr Rash to mimic human brain waves through the use of fractal geometry and design (a positronic brain), thus giving the robot a consciousness and experience that LVX-1 likens to human dreams…

So this isn’t going to be a compressor.

Last edited:

Dandolin

View attachment 595807
the secret's in the slowdown - you have to slow it down to comprehend it, and when you do, what happens to the music? Yep - the long-fabled Instant Paulstretch Junky incoming :p

What if it's the first Meris release to be shipped without a power supply BECAUSE it is powered by your brain activity and comes with a Neurolink subscription and an Elon Musk autograph with suggested settings written in sharpie!!??!?!?!

The Meris Encephalon, Encephalographic Memory Corrector!

bean

Silver Supporting Member
If this is an effects pedal that’s being teased, wouldn’t it be Meris’ 6th effects pedal release?

Also, 5+17 = 22, meaning… ? o_O:dunno
View attachment 595829

There's a mathematical connection here. In regular planar geometry (Euclidian spaces) there are exactly 17 different types of unique symmetry. They are called "the wallpaper group". Of those 17, there are exactly 5 in what's called the "hexagonal lattice" type. Each of the five are further differentiated by the number of rotations and reflections that make up their unique symmetry type.

So, put that together with the video teaser and you get...

I have no idea. An HM-2? Or, maybe a looper that samples input and transforms it in some way before playback.

Nivek_lee

After considerable thought…

A simple shout out to Meris: I love their innovation, creativity and bold thinking. I can think of no better example than the Meris crew (along with Chase-Bliss) at embracing these values for their pedal designs. They always seem to stuff their boxes with both novel and classic sounds. Then, somehow, give us the mechanisms to blend these effected sprites into fresh bits of aural delight, albeit with considerable user experimentation.

It took me much more time to find *my* sound with the Polymoon and Hedra than with any other pedals I own. For my purposes I had to: read their manuals, translate multi-function continuous rotary knobs to specific MIDI slices, write custom software apps to use SysEx for my unique needs, and more. While almost no one really need go to such extremes, I totally get why some (many?) would find their user interface problematic. For me, it was a treasure chest waiting to be unlocked. I know, I’m a bit weird that way.

Yet, once found there is quite simply nothing else available that possesses that specific sound. For me, the art is found in the subtle. I know, most don’t think of Meris as providing subtle effects. Indeed, their synth sounds used as a main course can propel a piece into sonic madness. Sometimes, I use them that way but mostly I use them as a tasty spice. The Meris pedals are remarkable when used that way.

I’m not sure what the new pedal (LVX?) will be. But I do know that she will be bold and innovative. Big thanks to the Meris crew for this undertaking…whatever it is. Just finding the pieces/parts surely wasn’t easy. Their Instagram posts hint to a larger form factor, possibly concentric ring LEDs, 4 foot switches, a memory function, maybe some fractal driven AI, and possibly a new UX. That’s a lot of thinking, work and risk. This is just a thank you for that bravery.

For me, I’m excited that I might have a new treasure chest to unlock.

jes89

Anyone else notice these in the first teaser?

There are shapes or something ones a pentagon that reminds me of the mercury7 diamond shape.

Attachments

• E2310313-CEC8-4C29-AC69-05109F7028FC.jpeg
    E2310313-CEC8-4C29-AC69-05109F7028FC.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 46

Trending Topics

Top Bottom