New Meris LVX Modular Delay System

fuzznutz

@Meris I'm wondering if you can use the multimode filter in bandpass mode in the Pre + Dry Location, with an expression pedal to make a faux wah effect?

Also wondering if you're planning to add slew/glide modifiers to sample & hold and the sequencer?

Thanks!

NoiseNinja

Unbelievably exciting day for Meris. Got a beta unit in this passed Friday but my fiancé and I are moving into our new home, living out of boxes, etc...

I'll be posting clips hopefully as soon as tonight. It's just incredible. You know how Twin Peaks: The Return is David Lynch's zenith? (it is by the way) This is that for Meris. Kind of a NOW! That's What I Call Meris mega mix. All their greatest sounds and tricks from previous pedals but gets into new exciting territory with the interface, the modifers section, the new delay algorithms (bbd, tape), the preamp/drive section, all the amazing routing capabilities and so on. I always consider their pedals such amazing accomplishment but this is just unprecedented.
Wouh, I need to get this pedal in that case! :eek:

Twin Peaks is the absolute greatest TV series ever created, miles above anything else, only ever surpassed by Twin Peaks : The Return, and most likely never to be surpassed by any other TV series ever, this is not alone extraordinary TV entertainment, it is also high art.

Also I happen to be on the lookout for a looper, and so far drool after a Boss RC600, could this possibly be a better option for me (though I do realize this pedal seems to go for a quite different thing than that Boss looper)?

How long is the max looping time?

Last edited:

sunburster

Does this have analog dry through? It is not mentioned in the manual or the webpage for the pedal. All I could find is this phrase on the webpage: "Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP".

Sample rate is 48khz, btw.

Meris

Gold Supporting Member
Wouh, I need to get this pedal in that case! :eek:

Twin Peaks is the absolute greatest TV series ever created, miles above anything else, only ever surpassed by Twin Peaks : The Return, and most likely never to be surpassed by any other TV series ever, this is not alone extraordinary TV entertainment, it is also high art.

Also I happen to be on the lookout for a looper, and so far drool after a Boss RC600, could this possibly be a better option for me (though I do realize this pedal seems to go for quite different thing from that Boss)?

How long is the max looping time?
60 seconds stereo.

-terry

MarkF786

Gold Supporting Member
They don't ship until late summer, but I wonder how availability will be then. I'm pondering if to pre-order or just wait until it's released.

Liarparadox

i’m wondering if the LVX is just the beginning of a series of new pedals from Meris? i’d really like to see more like this.
Absolutely think this is just the beginning of a newer larger format series. It wouldn't surprise me if they already have 1-2 more of these planned over the next 1-2 years. Ugh can you imagine one of these but reverb based? Then throw in all the weirdness on top of it...no no no. stop. i can't even...

Liarparadox

Sent an e-mail to my Sweetwater rep asking to be put on the list, I was weighing a Polymoon or a Dig and this leapfrogged past them - no trust issues with Meris re: pay up front but I just paid up front for an Oberheim OB-X8 and that made me dizzy.
I don't love prepaying. But I agree, Meris is one of the few companies I trust to knock it out the park. They haven't missed yet. So I had to pull the trigger. Never been this excited for a pedal.

Deuterium

Are we 100% sure this is all-analog? One of the videos has me suspicious…

What are you talking about? It uses an ARM-based DSP processor. Or, do you mean to ask if it has 100% analog dry through path. I doubt the latter, due to the modulations that can be applied to the delays.

Edit — Oh heck, its late, I am tired. You were probably being cheeky (funny).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom