New Meris LVX Modular Delay System

guitarman92

I never played this pedal personally** (caveat) however on all the demos i heard, the up octave on the shimmer is out of tune...and it doesn't sound pleasant at all. sounds like worst shimmer i heard. i heard better shimmer from Mooer / NUX pedals
There is a pitch up and pitch down setting that makes the shimmer rise in pitch or fall in pitch respectively. Maybe that’s what you heard?

map

theres a secondary function which affects the shimmer - if you turn it clockwise you will get that out of tune sound - keep it counter clockwise and the shimmer sounds great

Matt Griffin

Silver Supporting Member
M7 has a weird shimmer. Got its own thing going on. It’s not out of tune though, those Meris folks know what they’re doing. I played it on a recording and it’s definitely in key.

It does have a certain dissonant edge to it, though. A kind of metallic sharpness that most of the “angel choir” type shimmers popular with the P&W scene do not share. It honestly was not my favorite sound for most situations, but I get why they went that direction with a Bladerunner style pedal, and seeing as the market has plenty of of the other type of shimmers laying around … ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
End of the day I’m happier with the CXM than the M7, but M7 was still rad. Either way Meris gets the hat tip.

Psyched for this new pedal!

jorricustom

M7 has a weird shimmer. Got its own thing going on. It’s not out of tune though, those Meris folks know what they’re doing. I played it on a recording and it’s definitely in key.

It does have a certain dissonant edge to it, though. A kind of metallic sharpness that most of the “angel choir” type shimmers popular with the P&W scene do not share. It honestly was not my favorite sound for most situations, but I get why they went that direction with a Bladerunner style pedal, and seeing as the market has plenty of of the other type of shimmers laying around … ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
End of the day I’m happier with the CXM than the M7, but M7 was still rad. Either way Meris gets the hat tip.

Psyched for this new pedal!

One thing i like about the eventide space is ability to set the intervals out of tune. You can even set unison -/+30cents (with feedback =more) i quite like using it that way

ElliotG

Just thought I'd reshare my editors... I have editors for each of the Meris Pedals. These are free and run on Windows and Mac. The details and download link are in the video descriptions.
Key benefits: easy to use UI, virtually unlimited presets, and automatic patch generation.

Each editor also includes multi-mode automatic patch generator, described here:
https://youtu.be/Xo8IkRermY0

Last edited:
My guess on the new release will be in line with a few others here... something in the granular synthesis idea, a la Particle 2, Microcosm, Mutible Instruments Clouds, et al.

I’ve been eyeing the Polymoon for some time but have shied away because of all the reports of frustration with the UI. The second level controls don’t seem like they’d bother me but what appears to be a wonky setup for preset storing and utility likely would.
Seeing the editor is giving me cause for a fresh look... I’d like to hold out for a Polymoon 2.0 if that’s ever a possibility, though.

My guess on the new release will be in line with a few others here... something in the granular synthesis idea, a la Particle 2, Microcosm, Mutible Instruments Clouds, et al.

I’ve been eyeing the Polymoon for some time but have shied away because of all the reports of frustration with the UI. The second level controls don’t seem like they’d bother me but what appears to be a wonky setup for preset storing and utility likely would.
Seeing the editor is giving me cause for a fresh look... I’d like to hold out for a Polymoon 2.0 if that’s ever a possibility, though.
I would also be very much in the market for one of those.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
If they upgrade the UI so it isn't confusing to change presets its on!!
Visual feedback is key!!

Yeah, I thought I would miss the screen going from the Timeline on my big rig to the Collider on my baby rig, but I don’t. But the 4 preset leds with 8 preset positions is amazing. I really only need a few presets I think.

NoiseNinja

I wrote a poem inspired by this thread, I call it:

Oh, Lord, here we go again

I don't like pedals, period, even less pedals with secondary functions.

Only reason I buy pedals is for my pedal board to look pretty.

I want my pedals to just shut up and look pretty.

Just like my wife, except she won't and don't.

They got to be completely transparent and shining, which is why I polish them 3 times a day.

At evening I often sit and stare at them, just admiring my own superior sense of organizing.

I can get lost in that for hours, just slowly following the signal path through those perfectly neat tied up patch and power cables.

Like some sort of zen thing.

I set them all at noon, cause that is where they look neatest, a perfect middle ground right at lunch break, like some kind of sandwiched time, not too much, not too little, just perfectly average and normal, before going back to work.

A stroll down Sunset Boulevard later to find my perfect spot in the fast food chain.

They are all black and white, cause I get confused by too many colors.

I really do think color TV was a mistake.

My friends all drive porches, I must make amends on their behalf, for they do not know what they do.

I wait for delivery each day until three.

But I am getting used to UPS and broken promises by now.

My wife's unnaturally attached to our black cat.

I don't trust that furball.

I'll just have to trust the veterinarian to make it a clean cut.

Sometimes when my mind wander I get scared someday it'll stray from the clean path and get lost in a wood of talking trees.

Who spiked the water?

I hear it turns people into cheerful frogs.

Moist and green, then dry and brown.

The spring really is no better than the fall.

And we all do sooner or later.

Lord have mercy on our poor souls and make them rich in bitcoins and sharetime departments.

Amen!

Last edited:
I wrote a poem inspired by this thread, I call it:

Oh, Lord, here we go again

I don't like pedals, period, even less pedals with secondary functions.

Only reason I buy pedals is for my pedal board to look pretty.

I want my pedals to just shut up and look pretty.

Just like my wife, except she won't and don't.

They got to be completely transparent and shining, which is why I polish them 3 times a day.

At evening I often sit and stare at them, just admiring my own superior sense of organizing.

I can get lost in that for hours, just slowly following the signal path through those perfectly neat tied up patch and power cables.

Like some sort of zen thing.

I set them all at noon, cause that is where they look neatest, a perfect middle ground right at lunch break, like some kind of sandwiched time, not too much, not too little, just perfectly average and normal, before going back to work.

A stroll down Sunset Boulevard later to find my perfect spot in the fast food chain.

They are all black and white, cause I get confused by too many colors.

I really do think color TV was a mistake.

My friends all drive porches, I must make amends on their behalf, for they do not know what they do.

I wait for delivery each day until three.

But I am getting used to UPS and broken promises by now.

My wife's unnaturally attached to our black cat.

I don't trust that furball.

I'll just have to trust the veterinarian to make it a clean cut.

Sometimes when my mind wander I get scared someday it'll stray from the clean path and get lost in a wood of talking trees.

Who spiked the water?

I hear it turns people into cheerful frogs.

Moist and green, then dry and brown.

The spring really is no better than the fall.

And we all do sooner or later.

Lord have mercy on our poor souls and make them rich in bitcoins and sharetime departments.

Liarparadox

I'm hoping for at least some more info, cryptic or not, this week. Hopefully we don't have to wait till NAMM to find out.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom