• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New Mesa Boogie amp: Fillmore 50

garyp

I have the TC50 which I love and a TA-30 which I love. I also have an express 5:25 that I was considering selling and getting the Fillmore. Am I crazy?

blackba

I have the TC50 which I love and a TA-30 which I love. I also have an express 5:25 that I was considering selling and getting the Fillmore. Am I crazy?
This is like asking a group of chocolate lovers if you should buy more chocolate and the answer of course is yes.

So what is the express not doing that you hope to get out of the Fillmore or do you just want something new?

fjs1962

Gold Supporting Member
Not at all! I also have a TA-30 and TC-50, both awesome amps, but neither one satisfies my desire for Fender-like tones. I tried out the Fillmore combo that came in here (already sold btw) and knew I had to have one. I have a Fillmore head on order now.

As for the Express 5:25, I had one in my shop a couple of weeks back and that’s a cool amp too, but definitely doesn’t sound or feel anything like the Fillmore, especially for Fender tones.

garyp

I like the idea of something new with Fender Cleans. I always hoped Mesa would make a version of the express with Clean and Crunch on separate channels and effectively that is what the TC50 does with the 3rd channel which I love. I also like the idea of something a little lighter, which the ta-30 fits the bill, as does the Fillmore. Does the Fillmore Drive switch come close to the gain/crunch on the 2nd channel of the TC50?

well if you have to ask then yes there is a problem. If you don't think about it then there is no problem. So don't think about it and you'll be fine.

AA864

Anyone buy the head yet? Can we hear it on a 4x12 or a 4x10 cab? Maybe on a Creamback or a pair of Golds.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
There's one in Durham - SoundPure/Eddie Berman have already done a demo, shown in this thread.
I'm just not thrilled with the way some dirt pedals have reacted with my setup lately.

Trending Topics