New Mesa Boogie amp: Fillmore 50

Bluesful

Supporting Member
That clean tone that AT got with his Strat is fantastic.

Shame these things cost so damn much here. First modern Mesa that I've actually wanted to go and check out.

PierreL

Supporting Member
More videos...not sure if these have been posted (?)

Like this one too. Cool clean tones, some funky rythms to demonstrate it. Wish they would explore more in depth the Dirt setting.
But as Bluesful said, with this price point in Europe, this won't be for me.

Last edited:

Jazzgear

Supporting Member
Stop shaking the damn guitar. It does NOTHING to affect the sound/tone.

Wow, there's so much wrong with this demo and it has nothing to do with the sound of the Fillmore 50.

I'll take that guy's iPhone quicky demo about 20 pages back over this one any day. Yuk.
If the shaking inspires him to play like that then I can’t see or hear the problem. As for the Yuk about the vid......IDK man - I’d have to leave you alone on Gilligan’s Island with that sentiment

Bucksears

Silver Supporting Member
Stop shaking the damn guitar. It does NOTHING to affect the sound/tone.

Wow, there's so much wrong with this demo and it has nothing to do with the sound of the Fillmore 50.

I'll take that guy's iPhone quicky demo about 20 pages back over this one any day. Yuk.
Yeah, I didn't make it halfway through on that one. Ok, the guy's got technical ability, but demos are usually somewhat simple to demonstrate the sounds.
The ToneCheck one was cool. I'm to the point I don't need to hear any new demos from dealers.

Alchemist XP

This thread has taught me one thing ... I am currently pretty happy with my amp lineup because this Filmore amp sounds great, I love Mesa in general, I like everything about the amp and normally I'd have ordered it already ... but I have zero desire to buy it ... My Helios, Mini Jubilee, TA-30, V:35 and Black Cat 30R have finally (at least for now?) got my amp desires covered. it's a remarkable moment on my amp acquisition path.

Last edited:

JR88

Fillmore? is that Metro and Versachi like lol.
I don't know Bassman like wideee sluggish that big loaff cap in lol

epauley

This thread has taught me one thing ... I am currently pretty happy with my amp lineup because this Filmore amp sounds great, I love Mesa in general, I like everything about the amp and normally I'd have ordered it already ... but I have zero desire to buy it ... My Helios, Mini Jubilee, TA-30, V:35 and Black Cat 30R have finally (at least for now?) got my amp desires covered. it's a remarkable moment on my amp acquisition path.
I don't know why but after reading this, the lyrics from an old Lovin Spoonful tune came to mind...
Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her,
And then you get distracted by her older sister.​
I guess one never knows when the next urge will strike. :D

Bucksears

Silver Supporting Member
Just curious, which pedals?
I've never been able to get Barber pedals (original Direct Drive, Small Fry, Gain Changer SR and BUSS) to sound good. They ALL have an overly compressed sound to them. Not all like what I've heard in demos. This isn't the first time I've experienced this with this amp, either. Some of the Catalinbread (5F6, original DLS) and Bearfoot pedals (Dyna Red, Emerald Green Low Gain) have been the same way.
Another user I've been chatting with said he had a hard time with pedals and his Super.

Other pedals (Boss, Wampler, Ibanez, my DIY stuff) have worked pretty well. Part of it is just getting an itch for a different setup; my head has been so convinced that this amp was perfect for all dirt pedals since I bought it, that I haven't entertained replacing it until now.

Alchemist XP

I don't know why but after reading this, the lyrics from an old Lovin Spoonful tune came to mind...
Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her,
And then you get distracted by her older sister.​
I guess one never knows when the next urge will strike. :D
Hahaha ... I felt the urge when I saw the first few clips ... then I plugged into my Helios and was like ... WTH do I need that amp for ... I absolutely love the tones in this amp ... then same with the Bad Cat ... the TA-30 ... there's no clean or overdriven tone I can't already get.

Twangmeister

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone buy the head yet? Can we hear it on a 4x12 or a 4x10 cab? Maybe on a Creamback or a pair of Golds.
I just received the head, and I'll be pairing it with a 1x12 or 2x12 with Golds. I'm also hoping to get it out to a couple of gigs in the next week or so. I don't have any kind of elaborate recording setup with which to post videos or clips, but I'll try and get some iPhone things up. For me, I really need to hear an amp in context with/without my pedalboard and in "real world" situations, i.e. gigs, rehearsals, etc.

jAcKoFsPeEd

I don't need one of these, just got a Friedman BE50 Deluxe and a Bogner Goldfinger 45SL, but this amp would look a lot better if it lost the chicken head knobs and replaced them with either the Fender Black or White Bakelite Radio style knobs similar to .....Vibro King for example. Being it's a Mesa they probably didn't want to go down that road. Easy enough to do after purchase.

Last edited:

CaliCaveMan

Silver Supporting Member
I don't want or need one of these, just got a Friedman BE50 Deluxe and a Bogner Goldfinger 45SL, but this amp would look a lot better if it lost the chicken head knobs and replaced them with either the Fender Black or White Bakelite Radio style knobs similar to some of Fenders other amps. Being it's a Mesa they probably didn't want to go down that road. Easy enough to do after purchase.
That's funny. There may or may not have been a delay releasing this amp due to this exact concern. Never realized knobs were so important....:D. Although, my roadster knobs aren't the easiest things to see when dialing in tones.