New Mesa Boogie Day!

Wedge

Silver Supporting Member
New amp day! Got in tonight a new, well nearly new and super clean, Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic combo in a killer burgundy color scheme. My first impression are it is a fantastic amp. Still have to dial it in and learn the amp but the cleans are great and the crunch tones are really good. As advertised it is more british flavored than a typical boogie but that is exactly what I like. It is a 100 watts but with the built in Soak feature I was getting pretty good tones at very acceptable levels. Have to spend a lot more time with it but I am very happy with it. And I am digging the looks of it. My only other Boogie was an F30 and this SMOKES that huge.

Only downside is it is HEAVY.....think heavy and then add some more heavy onto what you were thinking was heavy.....thank god for the grab handles on the sides.

Anyone else here have any experience with these amps?

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
She's a beauty - congrats! All she needs are cream knobs. That's what I did to my Electradyne when I had her. Sold it because, well as you mention, it was too heavy for me (I have sciatica). Here's what she looked like:

Wedge

Silver Supporting Member
Those cream knobs are smooth, where did you get them>?

nicolasrivera

Platinum Supporting Member
Congrats, it looks great!

I know very well what you mean about the weight, that why I know use a Mesa head and Mesa 1x12 oversized cab. about the same weight together as a combo, but far better to handle is it's split in half!

Phletch

Congrats! I'm sure it sounds as good or better than it looks, and that is one gorgeous Mesa!

fjs1962

Gold Supporting Member
I've had my RA100 for several months and it's one of the best sounding amps I've owned. Easily hangs in there with boutiques I've had!

I went for the head, and it's still a bear to move at 53 lb! The weight is the only thing I don't like about my RA100. I guess if you compare it to the combined weight of a 50 watt Marshall head and a Alex's Attenuator (what I used to use) it's about right.

vmjoe

Beautiful amp. Congratulations. Mesa's can be dropped from the top of a sky scraper and still work. :cool:

67mike

Anyone else here have any experience with these amps?

YES I have the RA-100 head.............FRICKEN STELLAR AMP!!!! Almost as good as my Electradyne...which is my favorite amp of all time.

Since I bought the RA-100.....I don't touch my Mark V...infact I was thinking of getting rid of the Mark V.

If you cannot do it with teh Royal Atlantic.....give up guitar and take up the flute!

PS: I cannot understand why the Royal Atlantic is so under the radar....the amp kicks arses and takes numbers....instead folks want to buy Vietnamese DSL's?????? WTF??

jbow

Very nice. I'm sure you will love it. I recently went through all the online clips I could find and was impressed. If it sounds anything like the clips you have a GREAT amp!
J

Trending Topics