• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New mic placement test... feedback needed

t0neg0d

Ok... been playing around with new mic'ing techniques. This was recorded using:

Guitars --

Rythem - Alder strat w/ Vanzant Truebucker volume around 5.
Solo - Koa strat w/ Fraylin singles (bridge) volume at 10.

Amp --

Marshall '76 JMP Mark II non-master Lead & Bass / 4x12 with vintage 30's

Mics --

AKG C1000-S - center of cone on grill
NTK - 9' away, 2' to the right of cab at a 25 degree angle across sound projection path.

Original (new mic placement test)

Interesting use of slide as well... let me know what you think of the over all recorded guitar sound (wouldn't use it all the time, but I think it works with this song well).

Schmoo

Good stuff, I loved the pick attack on this when it wasn't doing the slide parts (like at 1:00 for example)...cool riff too. :D

scottl

First the Beatles and now Zep! Too cool Chris! You rock bro... So does your bro btw.....

Loved the tones on this one.

Scott

t0neg0d

Sorry for taking forever to reply on this... thanks for the feedback guys. I was really happy with the recorded sound on this track. And a BIG YES to the Zep thingy... I love Pages' writting style... and there is nothing new that sounds remotely close to that Dancing Days kinda vibe.

Trending Topics