New Mick Goodrick book imminent

KRosser

I'm all over it....but seeing as how Vol III of the voice-leading series was 'imminent' for a couple years, I'm gonna try not to get too excited yet....

Last edited:

Kappy

Does anyone have a copy of this book? I'd like to get my hands on a copy and I'm not finding any sources for it online. Willing to work out a trade/purchase or something. I have a pretty vast musical library. Thanks!

KRosser

did this book ever come out?
It did, and then I think that whole line of books he did with that publisher basically disappeared.

Fortunately I jumped on it right away. I had a guitar quartet a few years ago (~2009) that played the 4-part piece in it, and of course I’ve been going through the solo pieces as time allows. I really love it. If you know those solo pieces he published in Guitar Player in the 90s, a lot is in that vein. They work great on either Classical or electric.

Because I was in the early list of orders for it, along with the book Mick sent a signed original abstract watercolor, which is now framed over my desk where I practice at home.

Last edited:

jnovac1

Supporting Member
It did, and then I think that whole line of books he did with that publisher basically disappeared.

Fortunately I jumped on it right away. I had a guitar quartet a few years ago (~2009) that played the 4-part piece in it, and of course I’ve been going through the solo pieces as time allows. I really love it. If you know those solo pieces he published in Guitar Player in the 90s, a lot is in that vein. They work great on either Classical or electric.

Because I was in the early list of orders for it, along with the book Mick sent a signed original abstract watercolor, which is now framed over my desk where I practice at home.
:worthless

NorCal_Val

Gee... I dunno if I have the shelf space for another book that I’m never going to look at.
"The Advancing Guitarist" was the second most important book to my playing. Funnily enough, the books I didn't really look at were all the "how to play Guitarist X's solos".

NorCal_Val

And the first?

The most important book(for me).

Back in the dark days of the early ‘80s(when it was pretty much Mel Bay books, and song books of popular albums written for piano not for guitar), it showed how scales(and their modes) were laid out on a guitar, not just as musical notation. It had diagrams of how each scale looked on a single string over an octave. It went a long ways to demystifying the guitar neck for me.

Trending Topics