New MIM Jazzmasters??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Bradleyonmic, May 4, 2015.

1. Bradleyonmic

Bradleyonmic Member

What happened to the MIMexico Fender Jazzmasters that they made such a big deal about at NAMM? I have only seen like 2 artist models, and that's the way they talked like was going to be like.....supposedly colors galore.

2. stratter

stratter Member

jazzmasters are bad anyway

3. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

Way to go Sparky.

[​IMG]

4. omfg51

omfg51 Member

Surf Green, and the Roadworn are it for now. Still, both very cool models.

5. duaneallen

duaneallen Supporting Member

The Roadworn and Lacquer series look very cool. My Lacquer 60s Strat is amazing.

6. Bradleyonmic

Bradleyonmic Member

Oh, I hadn't seen the surf green one. That's one of my favorite colors from Fender. If they'd just release one in sonic blue! I'm a total strat man, but I think a sonic blue jazzmaster is the best looking guitar Fender ever made.

7. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll Member

Ouch!

I never realised that until you said it. I guess I'll go and burn both my transitional jazzmasters then, thanks for the save!

OP,

I really like the look of them but they are really expensive in the UK. I could probably be tempted by a CAR JM as I already have a '65 foam green and surf green just looks a bit washed out by comparison. The bursts I've seen look totally the wrong colour in pictures, but who knows if you get a Spitfire guard on one it might sort it out. Trouble is I already have a couple of bursts too and I like to mix my colours up a bit. I agree they should do like 5 custom colours per year, if they did firemist gold or burgundy mist I would be all over that. They seem like very decent guitars with all the right specs and AVRI 65 pickups, I'd say they're worth a punt definitely.