New mini (nano) Deluxe Memory Man

dancehall

Just received my DMM Nano and notice the rate control has a slight but audible tick. It sounds amazing but there always seems to be some anomaly preventing most if not all DMM pedals from achieving sonic perfection. Anyone else experiencing the tick?
I don’t have this pedal but I have a Mooer Trelicopter with the same issue — for some reason, the problem disappears if I have it in the chain with a buffer in front of it. So try that!

Frond

i just sat and read all 25 pages of this thread, cos I had a couple of hours to kill. the thing that put a smile on my face was that it took me back to reading the DMMTT100 thread pretty much exactly 10 years ago.

the same "complaints", the same "comparisons" and the same comments from people who don't really understand DMM's, bucket brigade analog delay, aliasing noise and filtering.

I played a Nano DMM today and it sounded fantastic! the same repeats as the 90's Big Box, XO and TT1100 that I own. its part of the family. its an XO in smaller format, more delay time, 9v required & it can be dialled in to sound exactly the same.

it's no different to RAT or Klon threads; people hear with their eyes, not their ears.

having said that: the ultimate Deluxe Memory Man will always be the DMMTT1100 from 2011 with the Panasonic MN3005's. the quietest chips, the maximum delay time, the least aliasing noise.

carry on TPG'ers!

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
For those of you who find the smaller knobs frustrating, they're easy enough to swap out for something better with a bit more grip and easier to turn:

index.php

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
For those of you who find the smaller knobs frustrating, they're easy enough to swap out for something better with a bit more grip and easier to turn:

index.php
I really wish the top and bottom rows were reversed. They put the “set and forget” knobs (for me, anyway) where they’d be possible (not easy, though) to turn with feet, but put the ones I frequently adjust in the top row.

t.strings

index.php

That looks sweet!! Would you mind sharing what knobs those are & where you got them? Thanks

El Phaco

having said that: the ultimate Deluxe Memory Man will always be the DMMTT1100 from 2011 with the Panasonic MN3005's. the quietest chips, the maximum delay time, the least aliasing noise.

carry on TPG'ers!

Had one, sold it after a few years. Too clean and hifi for my taste, always had a mild OD or an EP3 type preamp in its loop to add a bit of grit to the repeats. OTOH, my big box will be buried with me...

Last edited:

soundxplorer

Silver Supporting Member
Curious regarding the comments about the nano taking hot signals better. Is it better to the point where you can run drive pedals in front of it? I love my 90s big box DMM, but it does not take distortion very well.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
Curious regarding the comments about the nano taking hot signals better. Is it better to the point where you can run drive pedals in front of it? I love my 90s big box DMM, but it does not take distortion very well.
For me, yes. I can treat it like any other delay, unlike the the big box I had. I have an XO that does pretty well, but the Nano is better with being boosted. I run most of my dirt and fuzz well over unity gain. I think the Nano is perfect

JoyceRoadStudios

Silver Supporting Member
Finally got my nano today, found a good price on a mint one. Before this I spent some time with an AM modded dmmxo, and a big box pointy knob attached 3 prong no mods. I recently sold both of them. Never could bond with the dmmxo. The big box DMM was probably the best pedal I’ve played. It added a gooey organic color to the signal path. The modulation is just right. Anyway I got rid of it. The nano came with all knobs at noon, I plugged it in with the included power supply, strat build with mojotone quiet coils, fender pro jr. medium volume. The nano instantly sounded great. Definitely dmm family. Modulation very good. The pedal seemed quiet overall and less noisy than I expected. Quiet switching too. It’s like a faster response and feel compared to an xo, and sounds more seamless too, as if the gate on the bbd noise is better calibrated. I plugged in a buffered comp before the nano and it was off, and perhaps the nano exhibited a bit more switching noise and clicky noise in the delay repeats in this config. Regardless, the nano sounded surprisingly great and continuously inspiring for about two hours. I didn’t push the amp hard at all, so can’t vouch for stage volume yet. As others have said there’s definitely a squealing clock noise with the delay knob past 2 o’clock, but seems like at least 400ms can be squeal free.

However, mine seems to have a weird problem. If I turn the delay knob all the way down and play a not or chord, there’s a loud distorting sound, seems to be oscillating in relation to the depth/rate knobs. So to clarify, with the delay knob all the way down the pedal starts making weird distortion sounds. Anybody else experience this?

Troy T. Blues

Comstock Station
Question about Overload/Clipping. I've had no issues with most of my amps, but I do have a couple of amps where it clips according to my settings. If I lower the level, then the volume drops via fx loop. Can someone explain what is actually happening and what could to do to re-adjust? This is the first time I've experienced it. I absolutely love the pedal, but I am still pretty new to the DMM world.

For now, with that amp I'm using my Dunlop Echoplex with no issues.

Thanks!

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I was able to play my nano DMM at rehearsal levels recently. If anything, it has some magic to it that I haven't found in my XO. There's some otherworldly artifacts produced by the modulation section when set just so. Most of the issues I see people encountering in this thread are with settings that I don't really use and mine is dead quiet.

JoyceRoadStudios

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sorry but this is the most TGP post I've ever read.

haha well, I got it for a lot of money, it lived up to the hype, had it on my board for a hot second, then realized it was smart to get that cash back. That’s all there is to it. FWIW I passed it on at face value, and it was a good one too.

JoyceRoadStudios

Silver Supporting Member
What the hell is up with my nano? With the delay knob set to minimum there’s a repetitive distortion. Turning the blend knob up makes it more obvious, and the rate knob makes it slower or faster. But the distortion is there only when the delay knob is at zero. Here’s a link to the video… can anyone double check their nanos for this?

Tung-Sol Tube

What the hell is up with my nano? With the delay knob set to minimum there’s a repetitive distortion. Turning the blend knob up makes it more obvious, and the rate knob makes it slower or faster. But the distortion is there only when the delay knob is at zero. Here’s a link to the video… can anyone double check their nanos for this?

Does this happen with the feedback knob at minimum? It looked like it was at noon throughout the video. How are you powering it?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom