• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New mini (nano) Deluxe Memory Man

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t see how to switch from chorus to Vibrato.

also, missed opportunity to not use the Canyon’s intuitive tap tempo option.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
On the XO, is the chorus/vibtrato knob also a rate control or does it just switch from one to the other?
It’s a switch on the XO. But that reminds me of a guy on here a few years back who was prattling on about how the XO was nothing like the big box (and this was when they still used Panasonic chips), and one of his complaints was that it had a pot instead of a switch. That made it pretty obvious he hadn’t actually played one. It’s a two way rotary switch in place of the slider on the big box.

beastly

I do find EHX’s analogies to be a little less specific than I’d like, I’d like them to say “exactly the same but smaller” or something, but I’m very intrigued.

Also, here to defend the XO series. I’ve owned big boxes, with plugs, with the wall warts, with mods, without, every single change causes these reactions for some reason. Yes, my favourite DMM of all time was a big box. An early 00’s one with a removable power supply. Heresy at the time to some. But other big boxes were some of my least favourites. I honestly think the XO is right in the ballpark. And the new nano muffs kick it, so this could be awesome if there’s not a tonne of corners cut to get it in there. I didn’t think the one 550-TT I had was quite right, but that could be sample size. The regular one is right there though.

casiotone1331

I am so nonplussed over MM variants these days, it seems like we have already had a few good MM clones already...

Wake me when they make a nano 16 Second Delay!

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t see how to switch from chorus to Vibrato.
You don't.

You use the rate control.

From the manual:

The original DMM has a rate switch labeled Chorus and Vibrato. To achieve the same Chorus and Vibrato settings on the Nano DMM: set RATE to 9 o’clock for the Chorus setting; set RATE to 2 o’clock for the Vibrato setting. The DEPTH knob must be set above the full CCW position to hear the RATE knob change the modulation speed.

augur

I'm very curious too. Been looking for a real good DMM replica for years.
Still like my Analogman XO. Kept the old big box for collection. Xvive Memory on my synths (modulation with stereo output is great!).
But playing a Tonal Recall on my board for its format and lush sound/modulation (I don't really care about presets).
I may purchase this one for curiosity when it's gonna be available...

Telejester

my initial thought was if the original DMM was housed in a box 1/2 mile x 1/2 mile, how did they get it in a box so small

Trending Topics

Top Bottom