New Mini Power Supply for Pedaltrain Mini

690MBCOMMANDO

I have no affiliation with this company, but just ordered a One Control Micro-Distro to go on my Pedaltrain Mini (finally something small enough to easily fit on it). It's going to power my Timefactor, KLON KTR, HotWire v2, & TC Mini Polytune.

I tried using the One Spot and it created so much hum when combined with my Timefactor and a JHS Custom 3:1, so hopefully this will be better. Anyone had any experiences with it?

http://www.one-control.com/micro-distro.html

cuz/karl

Silver Supporting Member
Looks great.How much?
Only thing,why a sag on a 12-18v input?
Aren't those usually used on 9v fuzz pedals?

690MBCOMMANDO

Looks great.How much?
Only thing,why a sag on a 12-18v input?
Aren't those usually used on 9v fuzz pedals?

Hey Bro - I'm not very technical so I can't answer the question but just got 20% off of it at ToneFactor (also no affiliation) so right around $100. Not bad in my book...

stratguy23

How did you power the Timefactor off a One Spot, isn't it center positive and would fry your other pedals?

690MBCOMMANDO

I spoke with their rep today prior to buying and he said it's not isolated but according to him, the high current level and separate output really helps to reduce hum. I should know more after I have a chance to try it on my board.

If I didn't have the Timefactor I'd look at FT jr.

Magicpad

Good luck trying to power any of those pedals.... I just read the website and it says that each outlet only put out 50 mA. NO THANKS!

690MBCOMMANDO

Good luck trying to power any of those pedals.... I just read the website and it says that each outlet only put out 50 mA. NO THANKS!

I just got off the phone with their rep (because if it didn't work I'd cancel the order), but it's a TOTAL of 1950 Ma so powering up the Timefactor shouldn't be a problem. The 50Ma is just the 12-18V socket.

Again I don't have a dog on this fight but and interested in it as much as the next guy.

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
It does look cool. Does it come with the power supply? It doesn't say one way or another on their site or the dealers that I looked at websites...

690MBCOMMANDO

It does look cool. Does it come with the power supply? It doesn't say one way or another on their site or the dealers that I looked at websites...

Yes, I asked him that too and it comes with the AC Adapter as well. The site and the manual unfortunately aren't that clear.

690MBCOMMANDO

Can it be mounted underneath the pedaltrain mini without mods?

Hey bro - based on the dimension on their site I think it may be a tad too thick (especially with the cables, even if RA). I plan to mount it above my pedals on the PT Mini (space is all ready!)

Geosh

I spoke with their rep today prior to buying and he said it's not isolated but according to him, the high current level and separate output really helps to reduce hum. I should know more after I have a chance to try it on my board.

If I didn't have the Timefactor I'd look at FT jr.

Um... a OneSpot has capacity to 1700mA so current isn't that different, and that shouldn't make a difference anyway. Also, if each output isn't isolated, then it is just a glorified daisy chain (well, a daisy chain with an adjustable charge pump for the 12-18V output) which is probably the cause of your problems.

Good luck and hopefully I am wrong.

Greentone

Hey bro - based on the dimension on their site I think it may be a tad too thick (especially with the cables, even if RA). I plan to mount it above my pedals on the PT Mini (space is all ready!)

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just stick with the One Spot.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Similar in price to a DC Brick, more mA though. So it's a glorified DC Brick which is a glorified daisy chain.

690MBCOMMANDO

Based on the illustration on their site it looks a lot smaller than the DC Brick (which I couldn't fit on my mini). Yes, it comes with an ac adapter wal wart.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom