New MP3 'Skurge' please Check out?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Guitarius, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Guitarius

Guitarius Member

http://www.guitarius.net/Skurge1.mp3

Well, The good news is that these turds are getting a bit more polished! The bad news is that it's still a bit derivative, Nothing groundbreaking, that's for sure. BUT, I did have some fun putting this track together! I used Reason 2.5, (Which I now love, thanks Noodles...) for the Backtracks, CubaseSX for multitracking, Peavey Wolfgang Standard and a combination of Peavey Classic30, and Peavey XXX with a Boss DS1 Distortion pedal. Bit of a nightmare project, but what the heck, eh?

On another note, I want a Boss GT8 soo bad I can taste it... lol

Thanks in advance for checking it out!

2. Normster

Normster Member

Damn, Scott...dayum. I've been a fan for awhile now, but your compositions just keep gettin' better and better. I love what you do with harmonies!

I see Reason agrees with you. ;) I've been kinda lazy about pushing the program any further than a few midi conversions and a couple of groove tracks, but Reason is awesome.

3. Guitarius

Guitarius Member

Well, ya know... I'm a frustrated drummer, eh? hehehe I've been taking all of my favorite grooves (That I can't seem to play in time) and sequencing them in Redrum, then exporting them as midis... I'm starting to get quite a library, thanks to Mr Carmine Appice's 'Realistic Rock' hehehehe

Thanks for the listen. Yeah, i wish that I'd picked up reason a LONG time ago, but hey, I just wasn't ready for it I guess. It's really made being creative pretty easy as far as putting together tracks and loops, plus it just sounds cleaner than the other stuff I was using.

of course, I only just got a working knowledge of it, and I've had it for over a month! hahaha