• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Mu-Tron Bi-phase from NAMM

Sentenced

So whats the connection (and I mean now) between MU-TRON and MU-FX?
That Microtron III looks exactly the same, other than the company's logo...

:munch

placebo62

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like to know the same, this new company seems to have only been around for a couple of months maybe? At least their online presence.

M

Member 14465

:munch
This is explained on the Mu-Tron Facebook page with an entry early in January:
====
Happy Mu-Year!

Some big changes here.

The main big change is that we have again licensed the MU-TRON trademark. The first product under the new (old) trademark is the Micro-Tron III. The other change is that the Mu-Tron products are now sold from the www.mu-tron.com site in association with Randtronics (my Mu-FX partner since 2014).

A limited number of Micro-Tron III ( the same as the Mu-FX Micro-Tron III product except for the MU-TRON namd and logo) will go on sale JANUARY 1, 2018 at midnight. We expect these to sell out quickly but we are making more and intend to supply products to everybody who wants one as soon as out production ramps up.

Thanks for inquiring, and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018
Mike
====
URL:
https://www.facebook.com/mutronusa/posts/155971891718795:0

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
Saw this a while back... I just wanna know what the price is. If it’s comparable to the Pi-Phase, I’m in.

aisling

Silver Supporting Member
Wonder if it will be a whirlwind of an ordering process, like the microtron was. I must have emailed half a dozen times inquiring about the preorder list with no reply, then received an email asking for purchase info, and weeks later, with no shipping notification, found a nice surprise on my doorstep one day. I guess if you expand your expectations, let go and relax, the possible can manifest....
I'm really finding inspiration and creativity with my microtron (though I'm not in the 'trying to emulate the Jerry tone,' camp)

moemoe6434

I believe this is the Prophecy Sound Pi-Phase which we sold previously, licensed.

https://www.buyanalogman.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ProphecysoundPi-Phasemk2

How have I never seen this? The little I found so far says it is close to the bi-phase sound maybe not dead on, but that could also vary from biphase unit to unit.

From what I read quickly, they seem like a great company, I wonder if it is the exact same pedal or if they did mods in conjunction with Bartel...... too many questions. Going to have to send them an email.

moemoe6434

Picked one of these up recently. Amazing unit.
From memory sounds and feels just like the original.
I had two but sold them both because they both stopped working and cost a small fortune to repair. Didn’t want to deal with that again.
Well, that doesn’t make my heart swoon.

Edit: per the other thread referenced above. You went from never hearing of this pedal before January 1st in the other thread to now having two units purchased and broken? That all happened in 29 days? I am not doubting you, but you really had that bad of luck in that short period of time with this pedal?

Last edited:

Trending Topics