New MXR reverb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by He_Ma, Apr 20, 2016.

1. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

I found out this nice demo of MXR reverb.

Mod and Pad setting seems to have some Strymon Blue sky/Big Sky vibe. I have been thinking of getting blue sky, but this seems nice option tonewise and it takes less room in my board.

scolfax likes this.
  2. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

There was a thread about this pedal awhile back, and this vid was posted there, just FYI. It does sound great, at least the way it's recorded here.

3. jamiefbolton

jamiefbolton Supporting Member

does it go 100% wet?

Michael_V likes this.
  4. m0b1liz3

m0b1liz3 Member

I agree with the sounding great as it was recorded in that video. But they obviously spent a fair amount of time on that vid. It is one of the best demo vids I have seen. I am hoping that someone posts a few user reviews on here soon. I think it starts shipping at the end of April.
    I would love to see a comparison against the Neunaber and Specular reverbs. I was looking at the Specular but I am interested in the spring reverb setting on the MXR. Sounds pretty good on this vid.

5. guitardudeness

guitardudeness Member

Tone is in the throw pillows.

tapeup and coltonius like this.
  6. mikzimous

mikzimous Member

i hope there can be a mod for this one instead of plugging an expression pedal it can be a switch just like neunaber exp for easy of switching the reverb types.

7. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

I think it would be easy enough. It's just a pot with a momentary push on it, right? I have no experience with the newest version of Neunabers, though.. Does the auxiliary unit also save knob presets instead of just changing the algorithm?

8. Badfrog

Badfrog Member

Dang it, just bought a reverb pedal. It arrived today and I'm just getting ready to plug it in but now I want this! Really nice video.