New Night Ranger

sgv

I played a show with them last fall. It was such a great time. The sound check was the best part of the night. They ripped through Billy Joel, Styx, Deep Purple, etc... They were some of the nicest guys hanging out back stage and around the tour bus. I can't wait to hear their new stuff.

Frank Prince

Silver Supporting Member
I dug that! Joel Hoekstra is a killer player and seems to be a really good fit for that band.

GuitarKidd

I dug that! Joel Hoekstra is a killer player and seems to be a really good fit for that band.
I saw Joel with Trans-Siberian Orchestra this past Christmas. He rocked out and put on a great show along side Chris Caffery. Great stage presence and playing.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
He's really really good. Kinda miss the IDEA of all original guys, but it sounds great and nostalgic.

sws1

Geez - Talk about the intro riff being a bit...re-used.

After that part, all good.

acwild

I can't believe that Brad Gillis is still using that red Strat. My guess is that only the body is original after all this time. The last that I've heard of him was the tune that he did with Derek Sherinian on Blood of the Snake.
Looking forward to hearing what they came up with on this new release. :cool:

spakuloid

If they had a shred of sense or any integrity they'd realize that in no way possible will a song about "growin' up in California" delivered by skeezy balding men way past their expiration date ever fly. As for sales... please. What sales? If they had any juice left in theior aging balls left they'd have written songs like:

College Tuition Twins
Pick Up Your Clothes or your grounded
Rake the lawn!
The Cat is Dead because I killed it
Man Room Blues
18 Holes at Dawn
Too Many Sunsets Have Fallen (...and I can't get it up no mo)
Eddie's Stayin In Tonight
Four In The Mornin' (is when I get up now)
You Can Still Rock in South America - because North America likes to dance to beat music

fusion58

Nah.......sounds like a re-tread. I haven't liked anything they've done since Midnight Madness.
I sort of drifted away after "Seven Wishes," but I was pleasantly surprised by "Neverland," a really stripped-down, raw, guitar-driven record with some cool songs, hooks, and lyrics.

In any event, I'll take these "grandpas" (Gillis is 53 - not 60-something - BTW) over the Emperor's New Clothes crap foisted upon us by the "post-rock" generation any day and twice on Sunday. :aok

Bankston

Eddie's Stayin In Tonight -- Funny
Four In The Mornin' (is when I get up now) -- Would've been funny if you'd added "(is when I get up now to pee)"

Having seen Night Ranger live a couple of times recently, they have more energy on stage than bands half their age.

Trending Topics