new NUX Tape Echo NDD-7

Gonkboy

The RE-20 digitizes the dry signal, which is why I never bothered with one.

Are not Boss pedals (except for Waza) made in the same sort of cheap labour factories as Nux?
Boss pedals are/were made in Japan, Taiwan, and maybe Malaysia.

Nux pedals are made in China.

Totally different countries.

TheReplicant

Boss pedals are/were made in Japan, Taiwan, and maybe Malaysia.

Totally different countries.
Where did I mention country? I said ‘cheap labour factories’.
Yes.

Boss pedals are made in Japan or Taiwan.

If you google 'China' and 'forced labour', you'll get the point I'm making.
Boss are made in Malaysia now. You’re confident that the worker conditions are better than in China?

Gonkboy

Where did I mention country? I said ‘cheap labour factories’.

Boss are made in Malaysia now. You’re confident that the worker conditions are better than in China?
Yes, I am confident that Roland/Boss worker conditions are better than in China.

The protection of basic human rights is enshrined in Constitution of Malaysia. These include liberty of the person (Article 5) and prohibition of slavery and forced labour (Article 6).

Feel free to google 'China human rights' to compare, and reach your own conclusion.

NoiseNinja

'China human rights'
Somewhat of an oxymoron.

Also they invaded and occupies Tibet and is turning Hong Kong into a dictatorship under their tight reigns.

They claim to be a communist country, but calling yourself a communist does not make you one, in reality they are really a fascist regime, just like the old Soviet Union was (and Russia today for that matter to a large extend), but now we are getting into politics, which aren't allowed on this forum.

Last edited:

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
Never heard this before. Can you elaborate?
Even if you believe labor conditions are no worse in China vs. Malaysia, the events of recent weeks have illustrated once again the risk of becoming overly entwined with and dependent on dictatorships. At least offshoring to a variety of other low-cost bases has the advantage of strategic diversification, should there ever be a conflict with China (something I think is quite likely this century). If I have a choice between made in China or elsewhere, I'll buy elsewhere.

There's also the matter of rewarding the innovator, rather than companies that leave the risk to other companies, and specialize in copying, including software piracy.

Last edited:

NoiseNinja

Even if you believe labor conditions are no worse in China vs. Malaysia, the events of recent weeks have illustrated once again the risk of becoming overly entwined with and dependent on dictatorships. At least offshoring to a variety of other low-cost bases has the advantage of strategic diversification, should there ever be a conflict with China (something I think is quite likely this century). If I have a choice between made in China or elsewhere, I'll buy elsewhere.

There's also the matter of rewarding the innovator, rather than companies that leave the risk to other companies, and specialize in clone, including software piracy.
To be fair, while NUX does make clones, they also make a lot of original products, the Tape Core Deluxe, which this is based on, being one of those.

Beside whenever talking clones people seem to only be outraged by the cheap budget ones, not the expensive boutique kind, for some odd reason.

CRWolf

There's also the matter of rewarding the innovator, rather than companies that leave the risk to other companies, and specialize in copying, including software piracy.
I (try to) have informed opinions about this topic, but I didn't say anything about what I believed. I asked a question specifically about Boss utilizing ethical production methods; something I had never heard. My question has been answered to my satisfaction. Anybody that wants to discuss this further, PLEASE take it elsewhere.

It is an interesting pedal this NDD-7.

But I wonder however if it is not better to go with the NuX Dual Delay, the NDD-6.
The Dual Delay has four delays, including tape echo, is fully stereo (in and out), can set independent delay times left and right, has a control for modulation depth, a (little) screen for delay times (in BPM and msec) and is cheaper than the NDD-7. (No built-in spring reverb, though. Verb = shimmer reverb + delay). It seems to me that the tape echo algorithm is the same as the Tape echo Deluxe.
So in all it seems like the better deal.
Anyone care to comment or share experience? Thx.

31825_nux_ndd6_NUX-NDD-6-ACCLAIM-THUMB.jpg

JamesGurley_

It is an interesting pedal this NDD-7.

But I wonder however if it is not better to go with the NuX Dual Delay, the NDD-6.
The Dual Delay has four delays, including tape echo, is fully stereo (in and out), can set independent delay times left and right, has a control for modulation depth, a (little) screen for delay times (in BPM and msec) and is cheaper than the NDD-7. (No built-in spring reverb, though. Verb = shimmer reverb + delay). It seems to me that the tape echo algorithm is the same as the Tape echo Deluxe.
So in all it seems like the better deal.
Anyone care to comment or share experience? Thx.

View attachment 555299

I think dedicated pedals will usually sound better than a pedal that is simulating. Tape Echo will probably sound better than the "Tape Mode" on the "Duotime". But you cant go wrong with Nux pedals. I got one Nux plate reverb pedal years ago, and I was really surprised with the built quality and how good the reverb sounded.

Im sold on this NDD7, its a better deal than the new small Boss RE-2. I dont think that amount of control works on the small package, and the led screen showing the heads is a great idea on the NDD7. Boss RE-202 is a great product, but overpriced (as all of Boss "big" pedals).

The old Nux Core Tape Delay Deluxe (something like that) sounded great, but I always thought It looked ugly. If NDD7 sound like that, Im totally sold: great package, great sound and extra features.

For people worried about working conditions: dont worry. Nux factory is in Shenzhen, It means people making NDD7 probably get more cash and have better working conditions than people delivering your Amazon packages.

Dandolin

Is the underlying sound engine any different to the Tape Core Deluxe, which I own and love?

i'd like to know this as well, tho i remain interested in the NDD-7 because of the on-the-face adjustability.... i've decided to look past my disappointment that the looper is what it is rather then a frippertronics setup.

dattoboy1

Has anyone tried this pedal yet to report back on it? I have a NUX tape core which sounds excellent but I’m interested in the bigger pedal for the additional features. My only complaint about the tape core is that the maximum delay time is very short, maybe 350-400ms. You can access longer delay times but only via tap tempo which can be annoying when you are trying to dial it in with more precision. I’m hoping the NDD-7 fixes this issue.

Elantric

Top Bottom