1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

New OD pedal 9.99?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by EricPeterson, Sep 28, 2006.

1. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Arion-MTE1-Tubulator-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150509

what do you think? i have the digi delay and it sounds good it is just a plastic casing though. I have a Boss overdirve distortion that i like but was thinking of geting something to use a lead boost so i could leave the boss set to a heavier grind setting. I realize that it is plastic but i dont beat on my pedals and for ten bucks I figure you cant go too wrong. May have to place an order, wife cant get too mad about a pedal shipped for under 20 bucks....

2. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

My favorite review segment from the link:

"This pedal is awesome. I have a fender amp which is really clean I bought this pedal for practice it works great. My friend has a huge foot board and my pedal is better then his."

3. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

my fav:

"This pedal is really cool if your going to play lots of heavy metal. I play with my band Purgatorio and it's good for play alot of the softer songs."

soft heavy metal songs?

4. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

The mass choral ensemble that was required for at least 2 semesters for music majors at my school was called "Oratorio," but most people called it "Purgatorio" or "Boratorio"....

5. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

It's probably another variation of a Tube Screamer. Go for it! If you're not happy with the way it sounds it'll make a handsome paper weight. :crazy

6. g-nem

g-nem Member

Got one of these specifically to do this atari mod- don't remember how it turned out;)

7. dividedsky

dividedsky Supporting Member

Someone should buy 100 of them, rehouse them in a sweet case, send one to fatback, and then sell the rest for $200 each.

8. pfflam

pfflam Member

If its anything like the old MIJ Overdrive SOD-1 that I have then its better sounding than some boutique pedals.

Supposedly it uses the TS chip

9. pfflam

pfflam Member

I'm gonna call them tomorrow.

10. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I ordered one. what the hell I spend at least that every time I walk into the local guitar shop.

11. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I got it last night. I am really liking it. It is a bit of a one trick pony, but that trick is well worth 10 bucks. It has a natraul creamy sounding overdrive. Adds a decent amount of sustain and really gives the notes more body. I am very satisfied with my purchace. It will work very well as a lead boost.

My only complaints are the plasitic housing, the cheap pots and the realatively limited usefulness. However, i am glad that i didnt spend 10 times this on a tubescreamer or a comaprable clone.

12. TopJimmy5150

TopJimmy5150 Member

I gigged with one of their Japan made Stereo Distortions for years during the 80's. They hold up. Don't let the plastic casing fool you.

13. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

ya i have one of thier delays as well it has held up but one of the pots is a little loose feeling still works though.

I am going to gig it on saturday, It will be my fist time as a lead guitarist so my guess is this will get alot of play.

14. g3rmanium

g3rmanium Member

15. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I think I'm going to do that... Here's a MP3 clip of the mod. I really think this will add a lot to my rendition of the Mario Bros. theme music, and maybe to my cheesy tapping Vultron theme song...

16. TheBronze

TheBronze Member

Wow. Good price. I may have to pick one of those up myself....

Whats with the Atari mod? That sounds...well....nevermind. Is there a way to back that off a bit?

17. indytone

indytone Member

I recently circuit bent an Arion Phaser with some really cool results. I'm wondering if their SAD-3 would also do some cool stuff.

18. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

:nono no mods needed this pedal rocks:RoCkIn

(understand that coment is made in the context of it costing 10 bucks)

Honestly I have only played really nice pedals never owned them, but this totaly cured my GAS for today. I need to get home and paly it. Very surprised with the sound this thing puts out for the cost of a pizza...

Now if Arion would just make a germanium fuzz at this price :rolleyes:

19. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I don't need the drive, but I'd love a $10 Atari pedal!

I had a SCH-1 (?) Stereo Chorus by Arion that was pretty cool... I wonder what happened to it...