New OD pedal from Earthquaker Devices; Special Cranker

tomasz_el

Have you seen this already? ->
According to the Cranker reference, this will be a V3 speaker cranker or the special cranker for all of us! Second option would be so cool, as they were only Japan available and prices are... you know what they are ;)

Have you seen this already? ->
According to the Cranker reference, this will be a V3 speaker cranker or the special cranker for all of us! Second option would be so cool, as they were only Japan available and prices are... you know what they are ;)

Kind of the perfect synthesis of the Tim & Eric aesthetic and local ambulance-chaser law firm commercials.

850Special

Silver Supporting Member
I definitely saw a Sweetwater demo of the Special Cranker this morning. Can’t remember his name, but it’s the guy who plays lefty. Now I can’t find the video at all. Looked like a three knob version, which seems to have been a Japanese special run last year.

tomasz_el

I definitely saw a Sweetwater demo of the Special Cranker this morning. Can’t remember his name, but it’s the guy who plays lefty. Now I can’t find the video at all. Looked like a three knob version, which seems to have been a Japanese special run last year.
So cool!
There’s a post on a FB group, due to that leak, but they didn’t want to spoil the fun.
I’m happy it’s going to be the Special Cranker version :)

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
As @Big in Japan posted above, a level control on the Speaker Cranker would be awesome. I had one and sold it because it gets louder as you turn up the gain - with no way of controlling it. One moment you're at unity, and then suddenly you're boosted. That didn't work for me. Otherwise it's a great drive pedal, it just needs a volume control.

thebard42

Silver Supporting Member
I will absolutely grab one of these. I loved the Speaker Cranker, glad to see it is getting revived.

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
The Speaker Cranker is my favorite Electra-style distortion. But mine is really loud. Having a master volume would be useful.
it's a great drive pedal, it just needs a volume control.
fwiw the Gross from Joe Gore is Electra-style with controls for level, gain, treble, bass, and a bunch of clipping options.

Adagietto

Pending
Silver Supporting Member
As @Big in Japan posted above, a level control on the Speaker Cranker would be awesome. I had one and sold it because it gets louder as you turn up the gain - with no way of controlling it. One moment you're at unity, and then suddenly you're boosted. That didn't work for me. Otherwise it's a great drive pedal, it just needs a volume control.
Yeah, I really liked the sound. By the time I got it cranked to where I preferred it, which wasn't actually all that much, it was way too loud.

Big in Japan

Silver Supporting Member
fwiw the Gross from Joe Gore is Electra-style with controls for level, gain, treble, bass, and a bunch of clipping options.

I have and love several of Joe Gore’s pedals. Sometimes it’s nice having options. And sometimes it’s nice to just plug in and play. The Speaker Cranker is dead simple and sounds great. With a master volume, I could put it on any pedalboard.

longwalker

Just found this thread because it was 99 bucks at a local music shop and had never heard of it, cool pedal, got to try it for a bit

Junco Partner

Awesome. I was a bit of a EQD fanboy for a hot minute a couple years ago but I haven’t been wowed by their last few releases, I’ve been annoyed by all the limited release stuff, and I've been perplexed by some of the great stuff they’ve discontinued. This, on the other hand, will be an instant buy for me. The Speaker Cranker is great and adding a little versatility to the circuit seems like a no-brainer to make it even better.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom