New "OFFICIAL" PRS Forum Now Open!

Brian Scherzer

Co-Founder of TGP
Staff member
This was what I promised not to disclose until PRS was ready to have it known. One thing to seriously consider is that it would be a shame to break up the community that formed at BaM. You now have an official PRS forum, a number of folks who went to Vintage Rocker and some people who came here for "refuge".

Speaking only for myself, I do not see keeping a topic area on TGP devoted to one particular brand. It would bring about multiple requests to have more and more topic areas that are devoted to other brands, which would not be something that TGP is interested in. Whether we decide to open a forum totally devoted to PRS fans is something that right now seems to not be a good idea. I would rather wait to see if the "flock" becomes happy with the official PRS forum and to not further fragment the community that first started on my old PRS Forum and then continued and grew on BaM.

As late as this afternoon I have continued to receive requests to consider opening a non-official PRS fan site. I would request that people give the new official site a try before any decision is made to segment the PRS fan community even further.

I have refrained as best I can from commenting on the recent problems. I'll simply say that I am sorely disappointed that BaM is gone and I believe that it could have been much more if the owner had the time and inclination to be active. Jamie and others did the best they could under poor circumstances because they didn't have control over certain things. To my knowledge, Jamie kept that place going until the site went down and he had no admin ability to bring what was lost back from wherever it went. I could kick myself for ending the original PRS Forum, but truly believed that BaM would be a solid replacement for it. I was wrong and there was a lesson learned.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Wasn't just Jamie.

Jamie and I both sweet talked a certain admin/guru/ former Bam Admin we all know and love around here into giving us permissions for certain things or Bam would've been nothing but Spam a year or two ago.

Brian Scherzer

Co-Founder of TGP
Staff member
I think that I know the dim sum-eating guru you speak of! Having just spent some time on the phone with Jamie, this PRS-centric topic area will remain open for a while. If there is reason to consider a non-official forum for PRS fans in the future, I will be told and we'll make it happen.......but only if those who have invested their time and love into BaM think that it's a good idea.....meaning their moderator crew.

JMintzer

Burned Out Mod
Wasn't just Jamie.

Jamie and I both sweet talked a certain admin/guru/ former Bam Admin we all know and love around here into giving us permissions for certain things or Bam would've been nothing but Spam a year or two ago.

While I do appreciate all of the kind words, there is no question that my partners in crime (Mike, Frankie and Ronnie) were equally as important...

Granted, I was the only one who seemed to be able to even get a response, everyone else helped keep the site running as smoothly as possible...

Jamie

JMintzer

Burned Out Mod
I think that I know the dim sum-eating guru you speak of! Having just spent some time on the phone with Jamie, this PRS-centric topic area will remain open for a while. If there is reason to consider a non-official forum for PRS fans in the future, I will be told and we'll make it happen.......but only if those who have invested their time and love into BaM think that it's a good idea.....meaning their moderator crew.

:dude:dude:dude

Zilmo

I am really hoping that the new official site will satisfy the technical side of this equation, and that those who wish will join many of us at VR. I know it seems tacky to be promoting my own forum here, but we really are trying to take up the slack where BaM went to hell.

majordelt

I am really hoping that the new official site will satisfy the technical side of this equation, and that those who wish will join many of us at VR. I know it seems tacky to be promoting my own forum here, but we really are trying to take up the slack where BaM went to hell.

and doing a fine job of it I might add. I was a mod on bam and am now a mod on VR. I really do miss bam but I am very glad the folks a VR went so far out of their way to welcome us all.. I also appreciate the consideration afforded here to us at TGP..

Thank you

hank

I remember the days when PRS was threatening the original PRS Forum. I hope they show the respect that members deserve.

Also, I remember that imported SE's are not PRS's ....... right!

GuitarGuy510

While I appreciate PRS opening up their own "official" forum, I'll still be sticking to Vintage Rocker for PRS discussion, personally. It's nice knowing the brand isn't monitoring/moderating the discussion so honest discussion can happen, and things like PSAs for dealer sales, classifieds etc. are all still fair game at VR which was part of the nice thing about BAM. Plus a lot of the folks from BAM have already arrived there, it will be nice to keep up with everybody still! Thanks again Z! :D

Scott Peterson

Co-Founder of TGP and Administrator
Staff member
There are enough folks on the web to fill up as many forums as you like.

I wish nothing but success to the new corporate forum at PRS. With Jamie in the wheelhouse, it'll be run right.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom