New (old) Amp Day!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fatback, Feb 14, 2008.

1. fatback

fatback Member

I finally got my old '66 Super Reverb up and running. I had bought it off the 'bay without a baffle or speakers for $650 a while back. I got Mojo to make me a baffle and then threw in a mix of Eminence Legend alnico and Jenson ceramic 10"s. I still need to screw the old logo back on and the speakers need to break in a bit, but the amp is pretty much done and is already sounding incredibly sweet to my ears.

Here are a couple of short vid clips I made at home last week with the amp on 3'. I was also goofing around with some new plugin's I found for iMovie so please pardon the visual distractions...

Lentz strat clean and with with Keeler PULL pedal
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-843666401286751077&hl=en

es-339 with Frailin P-92's and the PULL stacked into a bjf HoneyBee.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2990658089552088858

[​IMG]

I've had the chance now to really open it up down at my studio and can't believe the tones I'm getting through this amp with my strat. It has given me a whole new way to hear and appreciate some of my old favorite pedals. I'm stoked for 6L6 POWER! :D

2. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Nice amp for sure. Good clips too. Those old Fender amps take pedals so well too - HoneyBee sounded great!

3. Tele71

Tele71 Gold Supporting Member

nice amp and a good price.
    P

4. GearHeadFred

GearHeadFred Member

Beautiful amp.. Nice work and congrats!

In the photo, the reverb is on "7".. Was that moved from your clips? On my Super clone, I've got more reverb than I can handle by "3".

5. fatback

fatback Member

Yup, I had just cranked it up to surf some 'verb. :D

I do have to turn the 'verb up a bit more than on my Princeton reverb to get the same results. It could just be the pots.

6. Teahead

Teahead Member

Wow, both vids sounded excellent! Beautiful looking amp too, congrats.

7. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt Member

Great amp! How much did they charge you for the baffle? I need a baffle for a 1975 Marshall 4x12 bottom cab I'm restoring...

8. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Hey Fatback, that was beautiful tone. The amp tone was set just right, and had a sweet ring to it. Not to take anything away from the pedal,but it ruined the nice sweet tone of the amp once you kicked the pedal in. I really did like the tone of the amp WAY more before the pedal was engaged. Nice work as usual.