• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New OP-1 update is out (07/21) - adds stereo audio over usb

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
I know some TGP members own and use the Teenage Engineering OP-1 like I do.
This new update includes sending stereo audio over USB to your DAW, iPad, iphone, Andrpid phone, etc…anything that can accept audio via USB.
Pretty killer feature if you ask me, especially for a 10yr old product.
Download llink:

Announcement on Instagram:

Mildwest

Silver Supporting Member
I know some TGP members own and use the Teenage Engineering OP-1 like I do.
This new update includes sending stereo audio over USB to your DAW, iPad, iphone, Andrpid phone, etc…anything that can accept audio via USB.
Pretty killer feature if you ask me, especially for a 10yr old product.
Download llink:

Announcement on Instagram:

Excellent upgrade and some great bug fixes too.

Blue Bee

Man this is a nice update
I’d still have mine if it had this update 3 years ago. Are the new units better built? I got sick of mine having issues like; faulty power button, would randomly shut off, mic would not work, sampling stopped working/recording, had to change the output board because headphone stopped working...

And the OPZ reviews I read sound even worse. However I’ve still been following and hoping they’ll sort the numerous hardware issues

Platypus

not in rivers, but in drops
Silver Supporting Member
awesome thanks for the heads up!

I've been using a 1/8in to stereo Y cable out of the headphones to record in stereo but it's nice they added over USB as well. I should update this sometime this week

I tried to plug an external synth into the OP-1 line input and listen to the audio in Live 11, with OP-1 in audio interface mode. Could not figure it out.

This guy got further, but encountered a crackling issue. I think I'm going to end up still using OP-1 standalone at least 70% of the time anyway. Still, it's an interesting report

Top Bottom