1. The target date for the upgrade is August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod Edition

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman92, Jan 16, 2020.

1. guitarman92

guitarman92 Member

https://origineffects.com/product/revivaldrive-hot-rod-edition/

RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod Edition
    US$599.00

Hot Rodded for High-Gain Glory
    GB £485 | US $560 | AU $870 | EU €570

CUSTOM version:
    GB £585 | US $680 | AU $1050 | EU €688

In stores March 2020
    FIND YOUR NEAREST DEALER

SKU: RD-HR-1CATEGORIES: OVERDRIVE, LIMITED EDITION PEDALS
    From searing lead tones to super-saturated chords and palm-muted riffs, the RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod delivers two channels of aggressive high-gain tone with tons of tweakability, including a fully adjustable mid boost, the unique GHOST control and comprehensive RE-AMP EQ controls.

Real Amp Tones From Real Amp Circuit Behaviour
    Using all-analogue components and replacing the valves with discrete transistor-based circuitry, we’ve recreated every stage of the signal path you’d find inside a vintage valve amp. This includes not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal to let the RevivalDRIVE Hod Rod sound and interact just like a classic valve amplifier.

We have unearthed and analysed some of the most influential mods created by notable amp techs of the early ‘70s then applied them to the RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod’s valve amp-style signal path. These mods pushed the sonic boundaries of these classic amps and ushered in an era of heavy rock bands and super-saturated guitar tones. The result is a pedal that retains the RevivalDRIVE’s astonishingly amp-like response but covers a completely new expanse of tonal territory.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chop and Change Key Components
    Accurately emulating valve amp circuit behaviour is just the start. We listened to countless classic amps, analysed what made them sound so good then reproduced all those elements in a pedal. The RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod’s intuitive controls let you play with different elements of this circuit, effectively redesigning the amp as you go.

The Amp-In-A-Box Pedal Without Compromises
    [​IMG]
    Unrivalled Features, Amazing Flexibility
    The RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod is packed with ingenious features designed to aid the player and increase flexibility. A set of DIP switches offer extra bypass and channel options and the optional footswitch lets you remotely trigger the mid boost or blend override features.

For the most fanatical tone tweakers, a DIP switch toggles the simulated mains power supply between US and GB frequencies, altering the character of the ghost tones produced.

Footswitch functions can be recalled with a remote switching system by using our Switcher Interface or Remote Switcher Cable.

Find out more on our blog

TrueFifth, mlkIII, cam0122 and 4 others like this.
  2. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Member

Meh....I would prefer a Kingsley Constable.

cam0122 and OverDrivenGtr like this.
  3. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

Can’t wait to hear this. The RevivalDrive is outstanding.

4. darkdaysindeed

darkdaysindeed Supporting Member

This is what my wallet was afraid of...

5. guitarman92

guitarman92 Member

just wait until you realize it’s a limited edition pedal and not a new edition to their lineup.

sixesandsevens and cam0122 like this.
  6. martijn

martijn Member

The question is: how much extra gain is there to be found? And how are the lower gain settings? Does it make the original RD redundant?

7. darkdaysindeed

I too would like to know this. It’s probably the difference between sticking with what I have or getting this Hot Rod Edition. I wonder when demo videos will be available?

8. effectsman

effectsman Member

The gain range on the normal version is what has prevented me from getting one, and I’ve mentioned in a couple of threads they should do a hot rodded M pedal as it would be an amp in a box hit. So great to see them listening and releasing something like this. A lot of other M style AIAB pedals could be hitting the emporium fairly soon I feel after people play this.

However at this price in AUS I am going to have to wait for the compact version.

9. darkdaysindeed

I loved the sound and feel of the standard RD but could never quite get the amount of gain I wanted. I tried several boost and OD pedals in front of it to boost the gain but didn’t like how any of them interacted with it. Hopefully this version answers the call.

10. brs928

brs928 Supporting Member

I find it strange they gave it the same name as a really clean, high-headroom amp. o_O

11. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

I have the Compact RevivalDrive. My experience is that if you treat it like an amp and push it with a tubescreamer (or overdrive of your choice) it pushes it into higher gain and does very well.

mlkIII, ThinPaperWings and brs928 like this.
  12. mac jones

mac jones Member

Sounds great. If you want very high gain with the large or compact, you really need to use an overdrive in front. This version probably accomplishes that. I'll get it.

Rivera_Guitarist likes this.
  13. 108

108 Member

Oh. I definitely want this.

14. guitarman92

guitarman92 Member

15. darkdaysindeed

16. darkdaysindeed

Also, they say you can pre-order now but I don’t see it anywhere yet. I feel I’m destined to miss the pre-order window.

17. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

You could buy an amp for that money.

cam0122 and DonaldDemon like this.
  18. darkdaysindeed

19. martijn

martijn Member

Would love to see a comparison video. Also, it would be nice if they would offer an option to trade in the original RD for this custom version (with added cash) ...

20. brs928

brs928 Supporting Member

I doubt they'd like to get into the used gear game, but throw it up on Reverb. The resale value on these is pretty good.