New Original song "I Will" w/guitar solo Axe-fx/Super Reverb

Noah

Gold Supporting Member
Here is an orginal song I wrote/recorded.

All done with an Axe-fx Ultra except the solo. I had a cleaner solo recorded but the engineer didn't like the tone so he brought in a 4x10 Fender Super Reverb and a big muff pedal. I did my best for the solo, but never used a tone like this before so it was weird for me. Guitar solo starts at 2:40 or so. I hope people like the tune.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/guitarking-1/i-will[/SOUNDCLOUD]

drgonzoguitar

Great tune, Noah. I don't know what you had in mind for the solo gear-wise, but the solo sounds great with the Big Muff/SR combo. The ending is really cool....big killer vocals. Always a pleasure to listen to your stuff!

Bopper

Yes, a very nice song ! Nice voice, but a little dry ? Solo is fine,fits the song.
Clever ideas going on there.I like the sound too.

Noah

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. The vocals are dry and a bit rough, but we did four complete songs in one day. Also, I am at the mercy of a friend who mixed everything for free...this is the final mixed mp3 he sent by email.

No intentional Vito Bratta influence going on for the solo, but I googled him and wow...he really is a smooth and killer lead player!

Basically I had to come up with something quickly, so I just tried to fit the song and snuck in a little Paul Gilbert type arpeggio type string skipping lick for the 2nd part. Playing with the Big Muff was a little confusing with headphones because it was so fuzzed out sometimes I couldn't tell if I was hitting the notes or not.

Noah

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks. This song was really fun to record as I just scrolled through my Axe-fx presets and picked some on the fly to use.

Trending Topics