New Orleans Voodoo Owners?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by gbc151, Feb 13, 2008.

1. gbc151

gbc151 Member

My first NOG arrives tomorrow. Swamp ash crotch top over black limba. Should be amazing. Any other owners out there?

2. imonabuss

imonabuss Supporting Member

Yep. Love mine, and play it a lot. It's one of three I currently take to play out as a working man's guitar even if it is boutiquey. A couple of guitarists at shows have commented on the great tone from the "PRS single cut" though. No point in arguing, no one knows what a NOG is anyhow.

3. 1stormcat

1stormcat Member

I purchased a Voo Doo about a year ago. It is one of my finest instruments. The quality is among the best of the best of all my guitars.

Post pictures when you can.

4. Irreverent

Irreverent Silver Supporting Member

I have two VooDoo Customs. Can't decide which I love better. Definitely some of the finest guitars I have ever encountered. Will try to get pix up later.

Peace.

5. Irreverent

And as much as I love mine (both are insanely gorgeous quilted maple) this one on the 'bay right now blows 'em away for beauty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250217890241&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Check it out. Buy it if you have the cash. It will probably relegate any LP type guitar you own to dust-collector status. Yep, they play even better than they look. I have a friend who has three Hubers, and he says his VooDoo is better. Just another opinion, as Nik no doubt makes some incredible guitars as well.

6. cocobolo

cocobolo Supporting Member

What's the standard neck carve like on these guitars? Anyone ever play a JB14? From looks alone it has me gasin for one.

7. Irreverent

I don't know the specs, but it is BIG and CHUNKY, yet not uncomfortable. I prefer slimmer necks (like Suhr's slim C) but I am able to play the relatively large VooDoo neck without difficulty. Can't really explain it, though. I wouldn't have thought that I would have liked the guitar since the neck is so big, but I liked it so much I bought another one!

8. mcuguitar

mcuguitar Gold Supporting Member

Pics of these fine guitars would be the butter on the toast!

9. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

I think they're beautiful guitars, but I'd be incredibly surprised if they got that close to traditional LP tones. Constructions wise there are tons of differences, from basic construction type (neck-through vs. set-neck), fret number (24 vs 22), to electronics scheme.

-Austin

10. Irreverent

I probably should not have said what I did about "any LP-type guitar". I am not an expert on LP's, nor have I played every LP-type guitar.

The tone is great. The guitars are great. For me. There are probably others who would agree. That's probably where I should leave it!

And I will try to get some photos up of mine on the next couple of days. Busy at work.

Peace.