1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

New Pedal Alert-Marshall Silver Jubilee Fans Take Note

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by todd richman, Jun 11, 2006.

1. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I emailed Matt at Pharoah Amplifiers today about a pedal on his website making a debut: Jubilee Silver Overdrive. He confirmed that it has a lot of the characteristics of the classic late 80's Marshall Silver Jubilee amps favored by Rich Robinson and Slash. It also has an effects loop like a TIM and is true bypass. Comes in a MXR Flanger size box with a subtle silver paint scheme with black graphics. It has the tone stack from the Marshall with T-M-B plus drive and volume controls. It looks cool if it delivers a tone similar to that amp.

2. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

SAWWWWEEET! Thanks for the heads up!

M.E.

3. Platypus

Platypus not in rivers, but in drops Supporting Member

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

4. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Definately be something I'd be interested in! Always loved Slash's lead tone.

-TJK

5. EL35

EL35 Member

Cool thing! Just a stupid questions, to be more "accurate", shouldn't it be put in the amp fx loop? If I remember correctly the diods are not at the beginning of the signal chain, they're somewhere in the middle - which might be part of the "magic" of the Jubilee sound...

6. JPenn

JPenn Member

I'll have to check into that pedal. I've been looking for a Marshallish pedal that has a bass knob on it so that I can take some of it out.

7. T-bone

T-bone Member

Cool. One of the few Marshalls I really liked.

8. guitarb

guitarb Member

Cool...thank you for the heads up....just ordered it......will post once I get it.

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Sweet. This may be the thing that can replace my hot british, that big ol' so and so!

10. Don L

Don L Member

11. that_brianm_guy

that_brianm_guy Gold Supporting Member

Funny, I hated it :D

It was always way too bright for me, back in the day.. but what did I know then? I was using a basswood body strat with single coils, and the head went into an 1x12 Mrsall cab..open back, with a celestion 75 in there.

It sounded better when I got a matching silver cab with Vintage 30s.. but still too bright.. and not enough oomph.

I got a 1987x RI, and it just devoured the Jubilee. I've liked the JCMs, plexi clones, the 1987 RI... but not the Jubilee

Funny how people's taste in tone differ... and that's a good thing :D

12. big mike

big mike Consigliere Staff Member

If it sounds even CLOSE to my (sniff sniff) JCM Slash, I'm buying one.

<kicks self again...HARD.....>

13. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

Very cool. I love the Jubilee's. Wonder if this thing sounds good/right.

14. gulliver

gulliver Member

I don't know, I have a Voodoo modded 2205 that has clipping diodes (I think they're still in there), and a lot of the tone comes from the power tubes. Using a Hotplate makes a big differece, which tells me a good part of the tone is after the preamp stage. I know the "Marshall in a box" thing is always talked about, but I don't think there is such a thing without the right amp to compliment the tone.

Dannyz likes this.
  15. Franklin

Franklin Member

Thanks for the unneccesary GAS!

:)

16. bo13bo

bo13bo Member

I think the Marshall Shredmaster does the Marshall in a box thing pretty well. I've used it with 6L6 and EL84 amps and it is pretty versatile.

17. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member