New pedal Alert: Pedalworx Scot 60

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by todd richman, Jan 19, 2006.

1. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I just saw this pedal over at www.musictoyz.com. Apparently it is a booster with low to medium gain ala an AC-30 which is a collaboration between Pedalworx and Scotty of Pro Analog. Anyone try one or know any more about it yet?

2. Lefty

Lefty Member

As a fan of Scotty's work, it has to be good. But no I havn't tried one.

3. cubba65

cubba65 Member

I haven't heard the Scot60 yet, but would love to.
    Scotty's not sending these around at all as they are going straight from Bob (the Builder!) to Musictoyz ... so I'm outta the loop this time.

Nice to see it's a collaboration. It'd be great to see more of that kinda' thing happening in general.

Sounds like an awesome pedal based on description alone:

A boost that goes from light clean to med gain crunch pedal with high headroom, touch sensitivity and harmonic feedback! Controls are CUT and LEVEL. The CUT control is very active from searing Treble Booster to phat ass Bass boost with zero flub, mush or fart-out (works like the Cut control on a vintage AC30). This little sucka has a tremendous amount of headroom level without falling apart as well. It sounds great before and after OD's, distortion or fuzz pedals too, adding smooth body and richness, or hair and harmonics or just slams the next pedal or your tube amp just right and cleans up so sweet and jangly.

Teddy's at NAMM so they aren't going out 'til next week, no?
    Damn, I'd like to know if it's Vox friendly ...

4. playon

playon Supporting Member

It might be a nice pedal but the choice of name is um, unfortunate I think.

5. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Yes, what's up with that? A pun?

6. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

perhaps concerned that they can't market the pedal without riding on someone else's work.... maybe that's it.

7. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Yeah... I just don't think the Dual Drive, Power Driver, Dirt Royale w/Cheeze and MKII were selling well enough:confused:

-TJK

8. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

Hmm.....any clips available ? Seems a cool pedal.

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Yeah, I would love to hear it too!

10. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

I don't need a cut knob. I just roll back the tone on my guitar. I set the max gain level I want then milk it tonewise from the pickup I've selected. On the plus side I don't have to squat down to adjust the pedal. ;)

11. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

if bob mcbroom has a hand in it, i'm all over it!
    aldo....

12. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

Aldo, we are bro's, but I have to fall on Sean's side in this matter. This is how I feel about it.

13. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

god knows, i own my share of lovepedals, and bob's creations, wouldn't part with any of them;)

14. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

Game, set, we match! :)

15. GeorgeBlekas

GeorgeBlekas Senior Member

I would gladly explain the whole truth behind this pedal but it would have to be in private emails because although the truth shall set you free it appears censored here. Sorry guys but it's not my rules but the common sense rules of the site.

Regards,
    George

www.PedalworX.com

16. GeorgeBlekas

GeorgeBlekas Senior Member

I would gladly explain the whole truth behind this pedal but it would have to be in private emails because although the truth shall set you free it appears censored here. Sorry guys but it's not my rules but the common sense rules of the site.

Regards,
    George

www.PedalworX.com

17. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

I really dont understand the big deal other than the name. I think that kind of tarnishes what could possibly be a major hit pedal but thats not my cross to bear. Its another pedal built by a respected builder. Let the ears decide. Bob told me all about the pedal before it was built, even sent emails about it in talking with other builders in circuit ref to it. Im sure it sounds good and I look foward to hearing player feedback about it.

18. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

george, i know the truth about it. and will hold back out of respect!

aldo......

19. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

What's this about?? Come on, please inform us all.. I think it's really not cool to play games like this and beat around the bush.. What's the drama behind all of this?

The name Scot 60 is IMO bad taste. COT 50 is such a well known pedal that the name could nearly be against trademark laws. I love my COT and have had such pleasant dealings with Sean that it's hard to figure out what someone could have against him. He really takes care of his customers, I've never had better service.. Yes, he is really unique and so are his products so maybe that's a bit too much to someone maybe?

20. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

...theres an 'uncensored' thread on Toyz you might find interesting and enlightening