• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Pedal Day: Barber B-Custom Super Sport - WOW!!!!!

howthewestwas1

Gold Supporting Member
Just got this today and boy am I impressed. With the additional 5 adjustable pots inside (note shape, harmonics, bass, middle, presence), you can get lots of great different sounds. I can set it up for a great tube screamer type boost that sounds awesome driving an already dirty amp. Right now I have it setup like a "hot-rodded marshall in a box" type sound going into a tiny terror just before breakup. Works awesome for going back and forth between a clean bluesy sound and all out rock. I'm very impressed by this pedal, especially for the price. I highly recommend it.

vintage66

It looks so cool, who cares how it sounds. Seriously, it have a Direct Drive that's a little too smooth - just needs more raw nastiness-how does this one compare?

Drifting

Hey man, glad you like it! The Super Sport is a monster. With the note shape and harmonics knob, you can really change the character of the overdrive quite a bit.

Got mine two weeks ago in the Dual Discrete, the other pedal is a LTD SR.

Faderjockey

Cool glad you guys like them.

How is it that the SS has a yellow LED?
Or did it just come out in the pic that way?

howthewestwas1

Gold Supporting Member
It looks so cool, who cares how it sounds. Seriously, it have a Direct Drive that's a little too smooth - just needs more raw nastiness-how does this one compare?
yea, i love how this pedal looks. i actually have never owned a direct drive myself so i can't compare. all the controls are pretty effective so you can dial in a wide range of sounds including smooth to raw, though i'd say it's still closer to the smoother side of things as far as ODs go. i'm still tweaking though.

Hey man, glad you like it! The Super Sport is a monster. With the note shape and harmonics knob, you can really change the character of the overdrive quite a bit.

man those dual discretes are awesome. i agree, the note shape and harmonics knobs are very effective.

Cool glad you guys like them.

How is it that the SS has a yellow LED?
Or did it just come out in the pic that way?
it just came out that way. mine's red. and yes, i love this pedal :banana

Blues Jr

Great pedal. I've had mine for about a week, and it's killer.
Are those your settings for the trim pots?

gatordoc

I liked the PGS demo when at the end they cut the mids and crank the gain. That setting sounded like a completely different pedal than any of the previous settings. Great rhythm tone. Nice versatility. I've always wanted a DD with a mids control. I just ordered an SS.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on the new pedal it's a great sounding pedal also love the look, I've had mine now for a couple of weeks running into modified Blues Junior! The note shape pot really adds to the low end kind of like getting some tube rectifier SAG!

howthewestwas1

Gold Supporting Member
yea it's a great pedal.

that inside pic is of the stock settings that i took before i started tweaking. my settings are somewhat similar. i like to dial in a bit more mids. still messing around with note shape and harmonics some more.

jbert58

Silver Supporting Member
I received my new Super Sport earlier this week. I spent quite a lot of time experimenting with the trim pots, particularly the harmonics, mids, bass and note shape.

I have now found exactly the sound I had in my head, which was actually to get a touch less harmonics and bit more bass than my 2005 (harmonics pull pot) Direct Drive.

That's the beauty of the Super Sport - it's so tweakable that you can get "that" sound you're after with some experimenting and patience. And if your taste changes over time, you can just open it up and tweak away.

Thanks Dave and Ronni!

Jbert

dmczern

Hey, are you still playing this one?? Thoughts after some time?? What is the "SR" in the LTD SR??

Sorry for all the questions, I just put a down payment on this very model minus the SR.

Cheeeeeers

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
Hey, are you still playing this one?? Thoughts after some time?? What is the "SR" in the LTD SR??

Sorry for all the questions, I just put a down payment on this very model minus the SR.

Cheeeeeers
I play one with a DDSS and an LTD SR. I really like it a lot. I have a B Custom Cool coming in today or tomorrow and I'm going to A/B that with the LTD side of the Dual Discrete and I'll decide whether I want to keep it or not. For me, the DDSS and Pinnacle are a wash. I think they basically sound the same in my rig. I'll either go with the Dual Discrete or a Wampler Pinnacle/B Custom Cool combo.

dmczern

I play one with a DDSS and an LTD SR. I really like it a lot. I have a B Custom Cool coming in today or tomorrow and I'm going to A/B that with the LTD side of the Dual Discrete and I'll decide whether I want to keep it or not. For me, the DDSS and Pinnacle are a wash. I think they basically sound the same in my rig. I'll either go with the Dual Discrete or a Wampler Pinnacle/B Custom Cool combo.
Cool nice to hear! Can you tell me what the SR means? Thanks man

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
SR stands for Special Recipe' this version of the LTD has the flattest mids out of all the LTD versions as well as a few other Tweaks
Exactly. However, this is what I don't like about the SR. Good thing the SR in my Dual Discrete has a Mids trim that I almost crank. That's why I'm trying out the B Custom Cool. It has a Mids trim and I like the Dynamics knob as well (like my Small Fry).

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Exactly. However, this is what I don't like about the SR. Good thing the SR in my Dual Discrete has a Mids trim that I almost crank. That's why I'm trying out the B Custom Cool. It has a Mids trim and I like the Dynamics knob as well (like my Small Fry).
I like the standard LTD V2 myself

dmczern

Thanks for the replies guys. Getting excited about the incoming Dual Discrete now. It's a DD SS + LTD standard. Cheers

Trending Topics