New Pedal Day! Devi Ever Content...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SetFiretotheHive, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SetFiretotheHive

SetFiretotheHive Member

Picked up a used BIT by Devi Ever...it's one of the fattest, meanest fuzzes i've played and am loving it so far. Pitch factor -> Bit can get some very synth like sounds from Muse to NIN.

[​IMG]

2. SetFiretotheHive

SetFiretotheHive Member

3. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

The BIT has always interested me.... I love how some of the demos sound. But after trying a handful of fuzzes I realized I'm a germanium fuzz guy.... so I built myself a tonebender.

4. Devin

Devin Low Voltage Supporting Member

I would be into the bit... but i have a mellowtone wolf cpu. FWIW i think devi ever makes/made? some of the coolest looking fuzz pedals around. She doesnt make vintage fuzz clones so theres not allot of interest on TGP. I got a used hyperion in the emporium last week. It makes me very happy, does maxed out muff sounds with very useful gate. Very musical. I would like to buy a rocket someday.-- i did.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  5. SetFiretotheHive

SetFiretotheHive Member

I hope not! I think she makes the best "modern" fuzzes IMO...at least from what i've tried

6. chillytc

chillytc Member

Devi fan here. She's got a lot of pedals in her lineup and I haven't tried the Bit but I bet it rocks.

7. Rena Rune

Rena Rune Member

Had one for a while, nice sound, but sold it as I can get a similar sound out of the Fuzz Factory rolling my volume knob back. If I just wanted the FF for that sound though(or had enough money to keep both), I would have kept the bit instead.

8. sahhas

sahhas Member

I just got a torn's leaker a few day ago, am loving it, using the volume knob is a must and so much fun!!!

9. keenan

keenan Member

I don't really 'get' her following/ used vs new prices, sometimes people are giving them away sometimes they want 2x what they paid

I want a shoe gazer in any case

10. Devin

did you buy used, new retail or order direct?

Keenan, are you talking about her web presence and brand or the pedals?

In any case i think they are cool little pedals. And they must be doing pretty good buisness. I ordered a HL in february... and still dont have it. They offered me a free torns though so i guess i can wait right?

Ive been through this :mad: and this :messedup and now im back to :knitting

11. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

I've owned six of her pedals and demoed way more (they are all over PDX) and though they all sound rad when you are ripping it up they have SO MUCH noise. I used to think that was just the nature of fuzz but I've played/owned dozens of heavy fuzzes from other builders without the noise.

12. Devin

They do tend to have a crapload of gain... i kind of wish there was a gain control on any of them. Gotta ride the guitar volume control.

13. sahhas

sahhas Member

i got my pedal (torn's peaker) used from someone on TGP here...
    it's a great pedal.
    i have had a lot of fuzz pedals, i've had tame pedals and heavy gain ones...
    honestly i like the heavy gain ones. the tame ones i've had, they just feel like they need more...the heavy gain, you can control them w/ the guitar's volume knob....i'd rather have "more" and tame, vs having "less" and wanting more!
    my thoughts at least.
    i could see how some would not like them. the noise is fun, well since i have a feedback mic on my guitars....bring da noise as they say....

14. Progbusters

Progbusters Member

i have a funky pedal that has an attenuator. I use it after the Devi Ever pedal.

15. stompromp

stompromp Member

Lotsa love for Devi Ever. Her fuzzes are crazy.

Two typical responses we get at our shop:

"Holy @#%%$@%"

and

"I have no use for that."