New pedal sized Harley Benton GPA-100 power amp $78

vtgearhead

Gold Supporting Member
I'd be surprised if this was not either auto-switching for mains voltage or able to be re-jumpered internally for 120 VAC. In any event, Thomann's web portal tells me it cannot be shipped to the US.

Evilution

Looks great ! pretty much the same features as a Seymour duncan powerstage 170 but at almost 1/5 of the price (at Thomann).

Here is a US market alternative, albeit more expensive:

Looks exactly the same as this Harley Benton that is less than half the price of the Carvin, not the new one https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton_custom_line_thunder_99.htm

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
Harley Benton stuff is primarily OEM gear, the question I have is where is the American company with a similar branded product? Gotta be out there somewhere. Maybe the tariff stuff right now is making products like this a little trickier to distribute in the US?

EDIT: Wait, this is a power stage clone. Wow. Gotta keep my eye out...

PaisleyWookie

I'll ask you the same thing. Why is it a turd? It's cheap, yes, but what about it makes it a turd?
These are all just cheaply made devices. I wouldn't expect them to last very long, like the rest of Harley Benton stuff. I would rather give my money to someone who actually designs it carefully, instead of shoving an ICE power amp into a pedal enclosure, and then putting several company's names on it.

sleewell

i'll stick with my quilters as a backup for my tube amp. got mine up over 100 watts when we played outside recently so this would not work for me anyways.

crispsandwich

These are all just cheaply made devices. I wouldn't expect them to last very long, like the rest of Harley Benton stuff. I would rather give my money to someone who actually designs it carefully, instead of shoving an ICE power amp into a pedal enclosure, and then putting several company's names on it.
Fair enough. I have a few HB pedals and a couple of guitars. They all seem to be made pretty well. I have no use for this, but $78 seems like a steal IMO.

Evilution

There is unfortunately no guarantee that more expensive electronics is made better, you can usually be sure of one thing though, the profit is bigger with an expensive unit. There are often fantastic value for money in Thomanns own products like Harley Benton and t.bone, that doesnt mean everything is great, but that goes for any brand.

Trending Topics