New pedalboard and ordering and wiring questions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Zemaitisguitar, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Zemaitisguitar

Zemaitisguitar Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Here is my new pedalboard. The blank pedals are in the upper left corner will be my shure wireless pedal and the lower middle pedal is my marshall channel switcher. (and my wa is going to be a Fulltone Cyde deluxe wa)
    I have everything positioned with my more used pedals up front and less used or as least turn on and keep on in the back.
    Two questions.
    1) I was going to plug into the Wa-wa > Boss FT-2 > M5 > MXR > Shure > Red Llama > Ditto > Booster > Tuner. Do this make sense as far as cabling goes?
    2)What am I not thinking about as far as the sequencing of the pedals? i.e. should the wa-wa be last? etc

2. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

My preferred order would be:

wah -> tuner -> comp -> drive/boost -> mod/filter -> delay -> reverb -> wireless

I haven't played with a looper, so I'm not sure of the best placement for the Ditto.

BigDiceBuddha likes this.
  3. Rob Evans

Rob Evans Member

I would put the booster before the Llama, perhaps before wah/filter if you have it cranked typically. What are you using the M5 for? Tuner can be anywhere really, the boss one adds a buffer. If the M5 is mostly for modulation then I'd put that 2nd to last with the ditto at the end.

4. Drewcraft

Drewcraft Member

I'd agree with @oldhousescott. And I'd put the Ditto after the reverb (last before the wireless unit)

5. Zemaitisguitar

Bump for additional thoughts?

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

That wireless - isn't that a wireless receiver? If so, it'd need to go first, wouldn't it?

oldhousescott and Zemaitisguitar like this.
  7. Zemaitisguitar

[​IMG]

Here is it: I will have to some funky zigzagging to get some of the pedal up front that I need.
    Wireless > MXR Comp > Booster > Llama > Dynamic Filter > Wah > M5 > Ditto > Tuner

8. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

I usually like my tuner as close to the beginning, if not the very beginning, of my chain as possible for the most accurate tuning.

I also agree with oldhousescott, that's exactly how I would do it.

Zemaitisguitar likes this.
  9. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

You're right, obviously, I was thinking transmitter for some reason <doh>.

I also agree with BDB, I like my tuner as one of the earliest devices, so I don't have to turn everything else off just to tune. I suggested after the wah as wahs seem to respond differently when hit with guitar signal directly instead of after a buffered pedal.

Zemaitisguitar likes this.
  10. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

If the wah is a regular Dunlop, it'll have a buffer stage at the start of the wah circuit, so it won't matter if there's a buffered pedal in front of it. However, with something like a Clyde Deluxe (which is intentionally designed without that buffer stage), I'd also prefer to have it first (without any buffered pedals in front of it). But then again, in this case the wireless receiver is the start of the signal chain. And it will have a low impedance output, just like a buffered pedal. So then it won't matter if the buffered tuner is before or after the wah - either way, the wah will not "see" the guitar pickups anyway.

11. Zemaitisguitar

Boom! Thanks for everyone's help!!! Here is it!
    [​IMG]