New Pedalboard Number 1

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KennyM, Jan 30, 2008.

1. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

Decided to gather all the pedals from various drawers, shelves and racks around my studio and put the ones that get a lot of use on some pedalboards. I think I'll end up with three separate boards. This is the first one finished which is my main go to stuff. Gotta say after some extensive blind listening tests with those Cornish pedals in there and their associated buffers, my guitar sounds as good through the board as it does straight into the amp. There is absolutely no coloring or degradation of the sound through all the pedals.

Had to show her off a little :dude

[​IMG]

2. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

Man would I love to plug into that thing!

I'm not sure if it get's much better then that!

3. hurleysurf

hurleysurf Member

Wow... I hope Pete treated you to dinner for all the cash you've put in his pocket. Haha. I have a set of his cables and my board wired with his stuff as well. Love 'em. Really really high quality stuff.

4. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm just about ready to head out the door and take it to a little pickup club gig. It's really a stupid pedalboard for that, but it gives me some time to get out of the studio and tune it up a little for live use. I've already used it on a couple of upcoming records and it just killed.

Me Happy :D

5. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

Fortunately I was able to get a few of them before the exchange rate really started killing on the price. The really ridiculous thing is that I'm not really a big pedal guy and prefer to just use the right amp for the sound I'm looking for. Pete's pedals are the only thing I've found that seem to become part of the amp. I've got a lot of other pedals (boards two and three coming) that give me a lot of different "effected" sounds, but this board seems to stay more true to "my" sound in a more organic way.

Gotta check out some of Pete's cables. Are they really good? I've just been using the George L's because it's easy to change my setup without making a bunch of custom cables.

6. Ozro4

Ozro4 Member

What is that boss pedal? All I can make out is "Tremolo ..." Looks intriguing...

7. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

PN-2 Tremolo/ Pan

8. john b

john b Supporting Member

rad board, looks heavy!!

9. hurleysurf

hurleysurf Member

I'm using his 5m Silver HD cables for guitar to board and board to guitar. I'm using 5 of his right angle 20cm pedal link cables and a 1m Silver HD cable on my board. At first I was disappointed that the pedal link cables don't look like the Silver cables, but I realized that the Silver series is probably too thick to bend between pedals. And then I played through my rig.... WOW... Completely opened up my guitar. I couldn't believe it. Had to change nearly every setting on my amp, but well worth it.

10. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

COOL board, Kenny! Did you ever get a Tim?

11. gregory49

gregory49 Member

SWEEt I love the white Ultra Vibe, If you EVER sell it I have first Dibbs!

12. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

how are things fixed to the board ??

sweet board btw.

AJ

13. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

Andy J - how are things going? Still digging the Timmy and BOR? The Fender WR pickups are still kicking ass in that MIM Tele Thinline.

Never ended up picking up a Tim even though I still remember fondly how good that Timmy I sent you sounded. Maybe I'll hunt one down after I get all these other pedals laying around here sorted onto other pedalboards.

Hope you're doing well my friend.

Yeah, I found that one for sale on here a few months back. Definitely like it better than the Mojo Vibe it replaced. Pretty big though.

Thanks. Just using some dual lock velcro

14. giggedy

giggedy Member

15. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

Hi Kenny, yeah, the pedals you sent me are pretty much the cornerstones of my board, along with an old small-box Rat... They turned out to be exactly what I wanted them to be! Glad you still like the PUs.

Doing well, hope you are, too.

Andy J.

16. jbert

jbert Member

kenny, nice stuff. looking forward to seeing the rest of your pedals. i'm still playing catch-up after 15 years of mandolin and bluegrass. this damn forum has gotten me caught up in the insatiable quest for living room arena effect. my cats are holding up bic lighters now. i love my timmy -rc booster combo although i crapped my pants when i plugged my les paul jr with p90 into it at a live gig with the settings made up for my mary kay strat. i learned the hard way. hey people i bought his dumble. we're soooooooooooo past that. ha! be good my friend. jon

17. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    wicked board - very nice....

18. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

hey kenny what happened with boards 2 and 3. is this one still the same??

AJ

19. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member