• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Pedals Day, Fulltone FD2 & OCD+ old FD2 + ST-200

buyusfear

So I've had a Fulldrive 2 on order for about 6 or 7 weeks (seemed like years). I got the call yesterday, ran down and bought it, as I was about to leave, my twisted mind told me to look at some more stuff (since their shipment had just come in) So I ended up convincing myself I needed an OCD aswell, or just in case or what ever ( within like 10 seconds)...
So far I'm digging both.(however this is all in prep for me buying a booteek amp this summer, so right now I'm not able to fully appreciate these things) (I also just bought an older non mosfet FD2 off of someone on TGP that could very well show up any second according to tracking. (aswell as a turbo tuner) My first pedal shop-a-thon. Feels good.

Last edited:

1973Marshall

While I prefer the older FD2 (and I am alone in this)

These 2 pedals are formidable weapons, and a Swiss Army Knife Indeed!

Ohsumyall Bmad

So I've had a Fulldrive 2 on order for about 6 or 7 weeks (seemed like years). I got the call yesterday, ran down and bought it, as I was about to leave, my twisted mind told me to look at some more stuff (since their shipment had just come in) So I ended up convincing myself I needed an OCD aswell, or just in case or what ever ( within like 10 seconds)...
So far I'm digging both.(however this is all in prep for me buying a booteek amp this summer, so right now I'm not able to fully appreciate these things) (I also just bought an older non mosfet FD2 off of someone on TGP that could very well show up any second according to tracking. (aswell as a turbo tuner) My first pedal shop-a-thon. Feels good.

Did you mod this? I can see a larger Green tuning cap (laying down) near the IC like the old Fulldrives?

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
Wow, that's some stellar pics. Those two pedals are among the best on the market.

buyusfear

Did you mod this? I can see a larger Green tuning cap (laying down) near the IC like the old Fulldrives?
Nope thats the first time i've cracked the lid, you can still smell the wet paint (pedal was made Feb 19th '09

here's a better shot of the guts

nice angles on those pics. looks pro.
Thanks

Wow, that's some stellar pics. Those two pedals are among the best on the market.
Thats what I've found through my searching over the past year or so.

And I just checked the tracking numbers and my other two pedals are "out for delivery"

Now I'm really going to get nothing done today

chuckmoose

I used an older FD2 and a V2 OCD as my 2 overdrives for much of the last year. I got some great tones from them, so enjoy. They have since been replaced on my board by other things, my ear has changed from loving the FD2's mid heavy, TubeScreamery sound to a more open thing, but it's still a wonderful, very valid tone. I always loved the OCD into the FD2 with the boost on. That's some serious big, cutting, sustaining lead tone.

Ohsumyall Bmad

Nope thats the first time i've cracked the lid, you can still smell the wet paint (pedal was made Feb 19th '09

Now I"ll have to check one out, because my non-MOS older FD-2 has a sweet tone with a nice low-mid punch, and the Blue MOS FD2 I had from 2007 did not have this... I suspect there have been some tweaks.
Fuller is nuts.

guitbeef

Okay, cool, so your obviously your running the amp clean, then? I'm asking because I usually have to gig with my amp running really clean, and was just wanting to pick your brain about how that stack works into a clean amp. Thanks for the info! Lots and lots of guys here in Nashville get great tones with that combination, so no surprise you're digging it.

buyusfear

Okay, cool, so your obviously your running the amp clean, then? I'm asking because I usually have to gig with my amp running really clean, and was just wanting to pick your brain about how that stack works into a clean amp. Thanks for the info! Lots and lots of guys here in Nashville get great tones with that combination, so no surprise you're digging it.
I'm actually playing with both variations. Currently, set to clean, these pedals are really organic and responsive.

I have also set the amp to be clean with a hair of grit, and less gain on the Fulltones, and that sounds great (can't wait to try it through a louder volume rig)

Another thing I've tried, (I read Peter Strouds latest article in Premier Guitar mag say this) is turn my guitar controls down mid way, and then set the amp and pedals to my rhythm sound, and then with the volume I'm able to really play with lead sounds.

Trending Topics