New Pedaltrains @ Guitar Center Site?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jeffj, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

I am looking to buy a new Pedal Train Jr. from Guitar Center. My local one does not have any pedal trains......I have a gift card & plan to use it, or I would probably get one from Ebay or something.....

Does anyone know if Guitar Center online carries the "new" boards (brackets for the PPII)? The site doesnt say anything about it either way....Just curious before I place the order....Figures someone here had bought one from them recently. Thanks

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I'm picking up my PT-Pro tomorrow. I ordered it at GC on the 11th. I think it has brackets. I'll let you know.

3. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

awesome!! thanks

4. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

nope... no bracket. There is a little place to zip tie a PP2, but no real mounting bracket. No big deal, zip tie works just as well... and it allows you to stick it wherever you want.

5. rust1975

rust1975 Member

Do the PT Jr's come pre-drilled now as well?

6. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I believe they do. Brad at Tonefactor.com has them in stock.

I received a PT/2 from him last week with the brackets and the holes drilled in the front (for the power cord and the courtesy outlet). You still have to drill holes in the bottom for the bracket, but it's pretty easy and then the PP2 sits in there nice and flush. Works perfectly.

I liked it so much, I just ordered a second pedaltrain (a PT/Jr) from tonefactor yesterday.

7. rust1975

rust1975 Member

tonefactor.com it is then... Had a PT-2, just wanna downsize and get the outlets pre-drilled while I'm at it. Thanks!

8. sense_of_henry

sense_of_henry Member

I am finding that most sites selling Pedaltrains don't list if it is the new or older version. I am not sure if it is accidental or because they want to get rid of their old stock.

9. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

You probably want to e-mail or call Brad directly. I don't think it's on his site yet.

10. Uniphasian

Uniphasian Member

I walked into a GC a few weeks ago and bought one of the new PT/2 right off the floor. I'd been waiting for the new ones to come out, and this store had one in stock.

It was pre-drilled for the power cord and for the outlet, but I had to drill it to fit the brackets (which were included) for my PP2. The soft alum was a cinch to drill out.