New Pete Yorn!

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
Loved his first 2 albums and then all the local music stores went out of business. He had a song called Burrito that I thought was really cool.

Me Again

Music for the Morning After was a GREAT album. I still do Strange Condition is my solo repertoire. Took my son to see him, in Seattle, back a ways and loved the show. (Saw Jack Black walk in the door by us and my son about freaked!) Great to see him out and about again although I see this thread is a few months old. I'll definitely give the new album a listen. Thanks for the heads-up....

MikeFM

There was a couple of years there where I thought Pete Yorn and Pete Thorn were the same person. I was surprised when Pete Yorn evolved into a rock shredder. I thought "wow, this guy is diverse!"

Sadly, I'm not even kidding.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
There was a couple of years there where I thought Pete Yorn and Pete Thorn were the same person. I was surprised when Pete Yorn evolved into a rock shredder. I thought "wow, this guy is diverse!"

I was once called out and called an expletive, In the Viper room in LA – somebody had heard me say my name at the door for the guest list. They cornered me inside and asked me what I was thinking about when I wrote a certain song and I said “oh no you must have me mistaken for someone else – I think you think I am Pete Yorn but my name is... “ that’s as far as I got and they called me names because they thought I was using his name to get in, they’d heard me say it at the door... haha true story

SteveO

I was once called out and called an expletive, In the Viper room in LA – somebody had heard me say my name at the door for the guest list. They cornered me inside and asked me what I was thinking about when I wrote a certain song and I said “oh no you must have me mistaken for someone else – I think you think I am Pete Yorn but my name is... “ that’s as far as I got and they called me names because they thought I was using his name to get in, they’d heard me say it at the door... haha true story
That's one of those situations that's so funny that it isn't just funny looking back on it a year later-it's funny even as it's happening. I would have been laughing all the way across the parking lot!

MikeFM

Ok good. Glad I’m not the only one!

I was just thinking I wonder if people get Pete Yorn and Pete Thorn confused at times because of the closeness of their names!

Thanks for the preemptive answer!

OotMagroot

I have no absolute idea who Pete Yorn is.....so yeah, I thought this was a parody thread or someone posted a video of Pete THorn with his name misspelled. They DO kinda look alike, LOL!

EDIT: Just saw Pete's post - that makes this even more funnier.

magdream

I saw Pete open for The Foo Fighters in NYC back in 2003. My wife referred to him as Pete Yawn. Interesting side note: Rich Robinson was in attendance.

nuthing

I just discovered Pete Thorn a week ago on Youtube --- sidebar: Yes, i'm late - but, i'm getting back into Guitar after 7 years... i stopped when i had a new born and now my kids are older so able to get back to guitar and me time.

Sadly, my wife pointed this out to me. I was talking to her and mentioned, "wow ... you remember Pete Thorn? the guy who sang black etc. He's got a youtube channel and wow... he's really into gear". She looked at me funny and went ... "i don't know a Pete THorn, i know of a Pete Yorn"..... thats when i realized... ohhh. I saw some old Youtube of Pete THorn with long hair and assumed the look matched my recollection.

Either way, like all the videos Pete Thorn posts, the IR and Loadbox video for example, thats the perfect way to discuss IRs.... explain, show the load box sounds, and make your own IR on the spot to show how to record and use IRs and compare the real amp sound to the same IR to compare. Great stuff

Ha, you don't wanna know what I get called when I give my name at the door. Although it may have alot to do with not being on the guest list.

Trending Topics